Friday, March 23, 2012

9th marathon completed in 9 days and 1,389 miles logged so far in 2012

Mile One
Today's run started at a fast pace.  At least fast for me.  The goal was simple.  I wanted to see how many miles I could complete under ten minutes.  Single digit miles was the mantra.  By time I had eleven miles behind me I felt amazing.  For a lot of people, 9-10 minute miles is slow.  For me, that is a comfortable pace, that I can feel like I am floating along at.  I am looking forward to the day when I will be able to complete all 26.2 miles at a smooth, comfortable sub ten minute mile. 

After eleven miles my new mantra was just finish the 26.2 miles.  In the end, is was a very long day but I was happy enough with how the run started and to be able to finish the miles injury free.  The map, statistics and pictures from today's run can be viewed by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment