Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 4

Four marathons completed in four days.

That also puts my miles of running so far in 2012 up to 1,258 miles!

It seems that with each consecutive marathon that I complete, each one takes longer than the day before!  I am hoping that this is one of those things that just gets worse before it gets better.  The good news is that I am completing the 26.2 miles, the bad news is that it is taking way to long to complete.  I am  respecting my legs though, because they are great for the first ten miles, but beyond that, they are extremely tight and sore, still adjusting to the street running. 

My number one goal is to complete the miles, but I would love nothing more than to be able to complete the 26.2 miles in under five hours, and eventually around the four hour mark.  That is my goal in the next year.  In the meantime I will keep the main thing the main thing and keep reminding myself the primary goal is to complete the 26.2 miles.

Another factor that might have been effecting the pace is the temperature.  As much as I love 81 degrees and sunshine, I also realize that is not ideal running weather, but it is wonderful if you live in Wisconsin!

Taking it one day at a time,
Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment