Friday, March 2, 2012

Why...

Today I will be running the first 22 miles of the La Crosse Fitness Festival marathon as I will on Saturday.   As usual, Sunday I will be adding another mile on to my daily running goal.  Sunday I will begin the 23 milers.  Most importantly, in less than two weeks I will be running the full 26.2 miles of the La Crosse Marathon (a Boston qualifier route)  For those that want to follow my progress on the run I will be tweeting the miles and will also be using runmeter on my i-phone to track my route.  I will be running a little later in the day today, starting around noon Central Standard Time and finishing around 4:30 p.m. Beginning on Saturday I will aim for a 9 a.m. start time.  

I am frequently asked WHY?!
Why am I doing this?  Simply put, I wrote a book about staying motivated, about consistency, about constant improvement, about making each day count and I wrote the book in such a way that it is not only highly motivational and inspiring, but more importantly, easy to read.  I believe in the book so much I feel that running this kind of mileage is my way of giving the book the platform that it deserves.  I believe that as more people "get" the book, the book will reach The New York Times Best Seller list.  My job is to give the book the chance.  So I treat the running like a job and so far on my job I have logged 1,062 miles in 2012!.  It is just me going to work.  And that is WHY I am doing the running.  Now you know.  I just have to let a few million more know! 

Here is another real short book excerpt from "365" - something to think about...

"...To really accomplish what you are actually capable of in your life, you need only accomplish what you are capable of TODAY!  Today is within your reach. It is not my opinion, but a fact of life. You can do anything “One Day at a Time”.  You can eat right today.  You can have faith today.  You can learn more today.  You can break any goal down to what you do today.  Give it your full attention.  Focus on quality, not quantity.  After all, success always has been the journey and it always will be!  You build the perfect relationship today, create the perfect body today, and build the perfect career by perfecting what you do today.  Do THAT, and there will always be more!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment