Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 3

Three marathons completed in three days. 

The run started excellently and the legs were tight but I felt good about the run.  The weather was beautiful.  70 degrees and sunshine.  The more that I ran though, the tighter the legs felt.  By the time I reached mile 16 my legs did not want to run anymore.  So I did what I did not want to do and I mixed walking and running. 

Between miles 16 and 18 I began to think that this idea was crazy.  But, I have way to much time invested, so I simply reminded myself that the legs are supposed to feel this way with this kind of mileage and I pushed them to run even when they did not want to. 

So one minute I am thinking how frustrating this can be because instead of getting easier day by day, it seems that earlier and earlier into my run my legs do not want to go any more.  Then, once I accept the fact that I am doing this, and this is what my legs are supposed to feel like, I force them to keep going and I ended up running much better in my final seven miles than I did yesterday.

Needless to say, I am reminded that what ever we focus on magnifies. 

I capped off the evening with my first ice-bath.  That was more difficult than the final mile of the run!  But definitely worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment