Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 6

6 marathons completed in 6 days

Yesterday's run went so well that I decided to attempt the same strategy except almost two hours earlier.   Great theory except that as soon as I started the run, each leg felt like I had ten pound weights on my ankles.  I do not know if it was because it was my earliest start time yet (6:20 a.m.) or if it was because Monday's marathon was almost two hours faster than Sunday's.

The reason did not matter.  No matter how much I desired to increase my pace, my legs felt like lead, so I went with the flow and reminded myself that my primary goal was the completion of 26.2 miles and staying injury free.

The official start time was 6:20 a.m. and the official finish time was 1 p.m.

Map of today's run with a few pictures linked here

1,310 miles now completed in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment