Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 7

7 marathons completed in 7 days

Another day and another approach to getting the 26.2 miles completed.  After the early start yesterday, I decided to go for the mid-morning run instead.  Either because of the later run time or because I was able to get caught up on rest, or who knows, maybe it even was because of the ice baths I have been enduring after the completion of the marathon.  I felt excellent at the beginning and was able to maintain a comfortable ten minute mile for the first ten miles and I had 14 miles in within two and a half hours.

Up until mile 23 I felt incredible.  Then my legs got extremely tight and suddenly felt as if each leg weighed 75 pounds.  With three miles to  go I had no choice but to keep it slow.  I attempted to pick up the pace, but the legs would not cooperate, so I just attempted to keep moving.  If I could have maintained even a twelve minute mile for the last six miles I would have finally finished well under the five hour mark.

Given how strong the legs felt for the first 20 miles, considering that today was my seventh marathon in seven days, today was a great confidence builder that the day will come when I can run all 26.2 strong, light and easy at a comfortable ten minute mile. 

For the record, the official start time was 9:53 a.m. and the official finish time was 3:13 p.m.

Total run time 5 hours 20 minutes

Dailymile link with the feedback that keeps me going

Map link of today's run with stats

1,336 miles now completed in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment