Saturday, February 25, 2012

INSPIRATION

I have really enjoyed completing the 21 mile run earlier in the morning but have also noticed that after the run is completed I feel more aches and pains than I am accustomed to.  This is unfortunate because it is so incredibly nice to have the entire routine done before noon.  I have to assume that it is because when I begin the run mid-morning I am much more loosened up and when I start earlier I am literally just getting up and jumping on the treadmill.  

Since this is a long term goal for me I would much rather go with what ever is easiest on my body.  So for now I am going to stick with what works best.  As far as finishing before noon or finishing an hour or two later, I guess it really should not matter.  Beyond that my main focus is on staying motivated each day to complete the run. It is the feedback that I have been getting that has been keeping me going each and every day.  So I thank everyone for keeping me motivated and hope that in the interest of following this story you take the time to subscribe to the posts via e-mail to ensure that we stay connected and maybe even get the word out to others to help me get the story out there as I attempt to complete a full marathon everyday beginning in less than three weeks.

Once I begin running outside, which is now less than a week away, I will not be linking the blog to the tweets as I run.  Though I will be tweeting every mile and look forward to the feedback each and every day.  I will definitely continue to update the blog for anyone who wants to follow this once in a lifetime personal challenge of inspiration, momentum, motivation, persistence, perseverance, determination, discipline and dedication because I believe these things are incredibly contagious!

So again I urge you if you have not done so, subscribe via e-mail so you receive these blog updates directly.  The more people I reach the more motivated I am each and every day.  I will keep my updates short and usually include a quick excerpt from "365"  such as the following quote out of chapter 18 called the starfish thrower by Loren Eiseley, which is one of my all time favorites...

...One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.  Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”  The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean.  The surf is up and the tide is going out.  If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”  “Son,” the man said, “Don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish?  You can’t possibly make a difference!”  After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf.  Then, smiling at the man, he said…“I made a difference for that one”.

That is definitely worth reading a few times!  Have a great weekend and thanks again for keeping me going.

Jeffrey J. Miller 
Extreme marathoner
Soon to be New York Times best selling author
of "The 365 Day Challenge"
@jeffreyjmiller1
www.booksbyjeff.com
jeffreyjmiller1970@yahoo.com

If your are interested in helping me accomplish this, there are two ways you can help, first and foremost, order the book, secondly, tell a few others about what it is that I am doing.  We can make a difference one person at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment