Sunday, February 26, 2012

Today's 22 mile run

Today is my first 22 mile run since the fall of 2010 - it is also the last Sunday that I will be running on a treadmill (uber excited - OK, I have to admit, my wonderful and favorite  fifteen year old daughter told me to write that - but then again, she was the one who tweeted out for me yesterday at mile fourteen while I was on the treadmill and we were watching "The Count of Monte Cristo" - "Visit this blog you must!" - Master Yoda).

I have been running while the kids have been in school and on weekends we watch movies while I run.  As great as it has been to get caught up on the movies I cannot wait to be running outside again. Oh yeah and I am going back to doing my push-ups and pull-ups prior to the run instead of after.  Getting up Thursday and Friday and jumping on the treadmill and running 21 miles without any warm-up has made me feel like I was hit by a truck.   Going back to the what got me here. 

Here is a quick and powerful quote from page 292 of "365"...

"If, and I mean IF, you live one day at a time, today is all that matters.  You either walk today or you don’t.  If you do, great!  If you don’t, so what!  Just accept either result. Live your life one day at a time.  That is where the power is.  Do not concern yourself with habits you may or may not create.  Do not concern yourself with tomorrow or yesterday.  Just today – Your power is in today.  Live that way."



Jeffrey J. Miller 
Extreme marathoner
Soon to be New York Times best selling author
@jeffreyjmiller1
jeffreyjmiller1970@yahoo.com

If your are interested in helping me complete a full marathon every day, there are two ways you can help, first and foremost, order the book, secondly, tell a few others about what it is that I am doing.  We can make a difference one person at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment