Tuesday, April 10, 2012

27th MARATHON COMPLETED in 27 days

MILE 1 - 5:57 a.m. Start time and a balmy 34 degrees. High winds in the forecast and clear skies!...


MILE 2 - It is a beautiful morning for a run. I feel very lucky to be able to do this. I think that if more people could experience this they would get hooked real quick...

MILE 3 - At least the wind hasn't picked up much yet...

MILE 4 - Here comes the sun!...


MILE 5 - I almost started my run today at one in the morning, but better judgement told me to go back to bed and get up around five!...


MILE 6 - Extra rest was a good idea, plus the wind was really blowing around midnight!...

MILE 7 - So far my feet feel very good, I can only hope they feel this good four hours from now, like they did yesterday...

MILE 8 - I am still maintaining my belief that over time this will get easier, even if it is a marathon that is done every day!...

MILE 9 - As difficult as this is right now, it is noticeably easier than it was three weeks ago....


MILE 10 - Today's pace feels just right...

MILE 11 - "What would YOU do if you knew you could not fail?"...

MILE 12 - Still cold enough out here to where a hat...

MILE 13 - The wind has been picking up, so far it has been at my back, but that is about to change...

MILE 14 - That is a very cold wind I am now running straight into...

MILE 15 - If I wasn't awake before, I am now!!!...

MILE 16 - With the wind chill factor the temp has to be in the 20's...

MILE 17 - Aren't hills just wonderful?!...

MILE 18 & 19 - Finally found someone to pace me...

MILE 20 - Perfect pace at this point...

MILE 21 - Amazingly my feet still feel very good...

MILE 22 - I might actually finish this by noon...

MILE 23 - Still feel excellent...

MILE 24 - There is no reason I shouldn't finish by noon everyday...

MILE 25 - Almost there...

MILE 26 - Definitely finishing well before noon!!!!! And feeling great!

FINISH - MAP and STATS

I had a pleasant surprise at mile 17 of today's run.  A local runner found me on Dailymile and offered to pace me and to my surprise he found me on this morning's run.  Because he was able to run with me to the completion of the run, I was able to hold my pace all the way to the finish.  Including my convenient store stops I was able to finish in 5 hrs and 46 min.  Most importantly I felt great the whole way.  Running with someone else, especially in the latter part of a long run makes all the difference in the world.  Today was an exceptional day and I can only hope that there are many more marathons like today. 

1 comment:

  1. How awesome of someone to come and join you! Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete