Sunday, April 22, 2012

40th marathon completed in 40 days

Mile 1 - 6:25 a.m. 37 degrees and clear
skies with a high of 60 today.

MILE 2 - Looking forward to a little more variety in the route today!....

MILE 3 - Variety is the spice of life....

MILE 4 - I actually managed to get to bed by ten last night, knowing that today's run was earlier than normal...


MILE 5 - These convenience stores are really what make it possible for me to to what I do!...

MILE 6 - I enjoy taking the pictures as much as the running...

MILE 7 - The day started off clear, then the clouds rolled in, though I do not think they will stick around...

MILE 8 - This route takes me out of the industrial park and puts me along the river. Much better...


MILE 9 - Literally right on the banks of the Mississippi...


MILE 10 - The view is a little different under the bridges...




MILE 11 - I change my route a little bit and I feel like a tourist with the pictures!...


MILE 12 - One day the pictures will be of London!...

MILE 13 - A whole mile without taking a picture!!!



MILE 14 - Warming up nicely now! (around 50 degrees)...

MILE 15 - Finally made it downtown...


MILE 16 - Time to head east through the marsh, to the bluffs...


MILE 17 - Legs and feet feeling exceptional right now...




MILE 18 - The marsh sounds like a jungle...


MILE 19 - And out of the marsh...



MILE 20 - As much as I love to run, with weather like this, I'd rather be golfing!..


MILE 21 - Trail running in the bluffs now...


MILE 22 - On the road again, and it is steep!...


MILE 23 - After a few miles on the trails I can see how runners could easily get hooked on trail running...

MILE 24 - Slowing down, but almost there...

MILE 25 - The change of scenery was fantastic, but the additional stopping for the record number of pictures I have ever taken while out on a run made for a bit too long on the feet!...

MILE 26 - With the extra time it took me today, being the tourist and adventurer, I feel like I am on the final mile of a 40 miler. Now all I have to do is go hit the shower and get to work, should get back home around 9:30. The craziest part is I have to do it again tomorrow! Some days even I think this is nuts!!!





FUEL:
Creatine/Protein drink
Raw almonds
Coffee


MENTAL FUEL:

@Powderfinger: @jeffreyjmiller1 @ClifBar "Keep it up Jeff! You give me power when I'm doubting I can go further. Clif bars also give me power! Sweet!"

Joe R. about 13 hours ago
Way to mix it up & keep it fresh!

Vishwanathan J. about 7 hours ago
"That's truly amazing consistency and fitness. Cheers and happy feet!"

@cynicalife: " side note: you are reminding me of everyday past my 46th birthday. My birthday is the 15th of March. Keep it up Jeff!"

1 comment: