Saturday, April 28, 2012

45th marathon completed in 45 days

Mile 1 - 11:30 a.m. - 39 degrees and rain! The high for today is only 45 degrees.


Mile 2 - At least the weather will not fluctuate much today...


Mile 3 & 4 - The trick here is updating the blog in the rain! (every few miles I can find a little shelter)...

Mile 5 - I have yet to see another runner....

Mile 6 - Rain is becoming a light sprinkle...



Mile 7 - Of course, as soon as I wrote that, the rain began to pick up again!...

Mile 8 - Heading much further north today...


Mile 9 - Back into the marsh...


Mile 10 - So far I have had the trails all to myself!


Mile 11 - The rain has stopped for now :)

Mile 12 - In Onalaska now, time to head to the west...

Mile 13 - The late start today meant extra rest...

Mile 14 - I can always feel the difference in a run when I am well rested...

Mile 15 - Stopped by a shoe store and put two more pairs of shoes on hold to pick up tomorrow...

Mile 16 - I keep two pairs of shoes. That way, when it rains, I have a dry pair the next day...

Mile 17 - I alternate each pair everyday. That way they break in evenly...

Mile 18 - I put almost 1,200 miles on the two pairs of shoes I am wearing in just the last 45 days!...


Mile 19 - Back in LaCrosse...

Miles 20 through 23 - Feet a little sore but holding up just fine...

Mile 24 - Wind is now picking up...


Mile 25 - Almost there!

Mile 26 - The more variety I add to these daily marathons in terms of the route that I take, the more enjoyable the marathons become. Life is way too short to not enjoy each day to it's fullest.

Started: Apr 28, 2012 11:28:02 AM
Run Time: 7:11:16
Distance: 26.23 miles
Average Pace: 16:26 /mile
Fastest Pace: 8:06 /mile
Ascent: 1266 feet
Descent: 1194 feet
Calories: 3306


FUEL:
Almonds (raw)
Cinnamon raisin toast x2
Coffee
English muffin x2
Grapefruit
Grapes
Orange juice
Pizza slice

MENTAL FUEL:

@ArtyFella: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Keep it up Jeff. You're doing great. We're all rooting for you."

@cynicalife: @jeffreyjmiller1 I "hope you forget you're running shortly after mile 1 and remember shortly after you finish. Run strong."

Kees S. 12 minutes ago
"Have a great 45th Jef!"

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 "thanks I think what you are doing is amazing! Keep it up!! One foot in front of the other."

@runs2long: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Keep going your making running history. Go Jeff (aka. Forrest Gump). Run Strong..."

@zingextreme: @jeffreyjmiller1 "a big Allez, Allez, Allez on your 45th #MarathonofMarathons have an enjoyable Saturday! #OneLessToDo"


No comments:

Post a Comment