Saturday, April 14, 2012

31st MARATHON COMPLETED in 31 days

MILE 1 - Mid-fifties and cloudy now, sunny and 70 by noon!...


MILE 2 - What little breeze I do feel is coming out of the south, so if it does pick up it will be at my back the second half!....


MILE 3 - Got to bed around two in the morning. The kids like to stay up late on the weekends! I consider myself lucky that my kids want to hang out with their parents, so it is worth the late night!

MILE 4 - The morning coffee is beginning to work its magic!

MILE 5 - Picked up a 20 oz coffee with double shots of espresso since I run right by a coffee shop downtown. That will do the trick!...



MILE 6 - That did the trick!


MILE 7 - It's not all river and bluffs here, I get to run behind the brewery every day as well...


MILE 8 - Since it is cloudy today anyway, I decided to include some of the not so glamorous pictures of a day in the life of a daily marathoner!...


MILE 9 - Right on the river there is a house for sale that I pass everyday. I could see myself on the back deck with a cup of coffee, working on my books on the laptop, reaching, inspiring, motivating and challenging people all around the globe. Like I said yesterday, everything in life started as an idea!....

MILE 10 - To quote Og Mandino; "You build your castle one brick at a time"...

MILE 11 - Legs and feet feeling very good today!...

MILE 12 - The sun is attempting to make an appearance!...

MILE 13 - Every now and then I remember just how lucky I am to be able to do this...


MILE 14 - Clouds breaking up now!!!...

MILE 15 - And the breeze is at my back for a second day in a row for the last half of the marathon!...



MILE 16 - Turning into a beautiful day!...


MILE 17 - Feedback like this from about an hour ago makes it real easy to keep on keeping on... "@bellaliterati: @jeffreyjmiller1 way to go! Love seeing the updates, very inspiring for Beginning runners like myself!

MILE 18 - With nothing but blue skies right now it is hard to believe today's forecast called for severe thunderstorms!...

MILE 19 - Legs and feet still feeling good!...

MILE 20 - It's all downhill from here!...

MILES 21 & 22 - Now it gets real easy, my daughter just joined up with me on her mountain bike!!!...


MILE 23 - On autopilot now...

MILE 24 - Feet are definitely showing improvement at this point of the run...

MILE 25 - Almost there....

MILE 26 - Floating along enjoying life!

MILE 27 - A little extra can't hurt!

FINISH - MAP and STATS



Most of my motivation to do this day in and day out comes from the feedback I get everyday from literally everywhere. Here are some of my favorites:

Off of Dailymile yesterday:

"Just checked out your blog. I had to see why you're doing this.....you're amazing & inspiring!"
- Sugarmagnolia70


Off of Twitter:

@NikeRunning: @jeffreyjmiller1 Amazing work! Of course you ran through that rain -- we wouldn't expect anything less!

@abigail_kern: @raevisita Have you met @jeffreyjmiller1? He has fabulous calf muscles (I assume) from running marathons all day.

@irunthecharles: @jeffreyjmiller1 will B completing his 33rd Marathon in as many days on Monday. I need to suck it up 4 #bostonmarathon Go Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment