Tuesday, April 24, 2012

41st marathon completed in 41 days

Mile 1 - 7:11 a.m. - 46 degrees and cloudy. High of 70 today...

Mile 2 - This blog app does not put pictures I take in order. I have to do that manually on my laptop. I did not have time before work yesterday so I got to it around 11 p.m. Now that the pics are in order with corresponding mile, check out yesterday's post....

MILE 3 - Yesterday's marathon was the most scenic yet. River, marsh and even a few miles of trail running in the bluffs. I felt like a kid running through the woods, even if it was after mile 19!....

Mile 4 - Dark clouds this morning but no rain on the radar...


Mile 5 - More importantly, there is hardly any wind today...

Mile 6 - The river is so calm it is like a mirror. Amazing


Mile 7 - The dark clouds are disappearing over the hills to the east and the sky is turning blue...



Mile 8 - Passing over a barge. Excellent pace today...


Mile 9 - Switching my route up a little bit may be one of the best things I could have done. Life is too short to run through an industrial park...

Mile 10 - Especially considering the insane amount of paved paths that this beautiful city has along the rivers and through the marsh...


Mile 11 - Clouds rolled back in!...


Mile 12 - The view is usually great around these bridges from any perspective...


Mile 13 - Back to the other side of the river...


Mile 14 - Heading into the marsh and feeling exceptional....


Mile 15 - Getting on these paved trails along the river and through the marsh take me away from the vehicles and their wonderful emissions as well...


Mile 16 - As soon as I get into the marsh I turn off my music and listen to the music of nature....

Mile 17 - Back into the residential areas to finish the run. These are the streets I don't mind. Non-commercial and very low traffic...

Mile 18 - Uneven sidewalks can be a bit annoying though...

Mile 19 - Heading back towards the bluffs....


Mile 20 - Slowing down a little...

Mile 21 - Still moving though!...


Mile 22 - Slowly attempting to build up a little more speed (at least back to my normal pace)...


Mile 23 - Sun finally coming back out and temp in the 60's...


Mile 24 - Even slowing down at the end I am doing way better than yesterday on my pace...

Mile 25 - I have been alternating my days I work to avoid burnout, but this week I get to go to an evening school concert later in the week so I am doing a couple back to back work days so I can be there. It's worth the sacrifice. Life just passes too quickly to miss the important things....

Mile 26 - And once this week is gone, it is gone forever, we never get it back.
So it should be lived accordingly. The beautiful thing is that it only requires awareness!

Finish - Map and stats unable to link last two days - the technical stuff can get frustrating.  Have contacted support for runmeter but their proposed fix did not work.  Have deleted the app and reloaded this evening. 


(Since I am going to work after the run, the pictures will be arranged with their corresponding miles later tonight.)


TODAY'S MARATHON FUELED BY:
Coffee
Five Hour Energy (curious)
Gatorade
Raw Almonds

@alexbridgeforth: @jeffreyjmiller1 "good luck today, I try to tell people about you all the time."

@cynicalife: @jeffreyjmiller1 "This is my daily "keep it up" tweet, KEEP STRONG JEFFREY!!!!!! Run like the wind!"

Deb C. about 15 hours ago
"UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!"

@JanLavis: @jeffreyjmiller1 "brilliant, well done & keep going. Stunning pictures"

@JCakewalkn: @jeffreyjmiller1 "40+ and holding strong! Keep up the grind! #beast"

@JustinBorges1: @jeffreyjmiller1 "41 is my lucky number, Ill Tweet to that!! Oh, and you are still in #beastmode."

Kees S. about 14 hours ago
"Incredible you are still going. Next stop 50!"

@livz4running: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Just like the Energizer Bunny you keep going and going . Awesome"

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 "To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping"~Chinese Proverb

Pedrogarcia1000 about 14 hours ago
"40!!! Amazing!"

@plustenner: @jeffreyjmiller1 "book has arrived - can't wait to get stuck into reading it!"

Susane M J. about 16 hours ago
"Jeffrey another superb Marathon completed .4Oth day 40th Marathon:) pushed through & made it happen.You are the new definition of "Amazing":) Wishing you a relaxing day & another great Marathon tomorrow!!!"

@TerriGivens: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Go Jeffrey! I hope you are having a great run today" and "may the road rise up to meet you"

No comments:

Post a Comment