Tuesday, April 17, 2012

34th MARATHON COMPLETED in 34 days

MILE 1 - 32 degrees at 6 a.m. and clear skies. No wind. Two of my favorite words. Well rested and feeling much better than yesterday...



MILE 2 - A gorgeous morning for a 34th marathon...



MILE 3 - As beautiful as these pictures are they do not even come close to capturing what I am seeing right now!...

MILE 4 - I am amazed at the body's ability to recover. I could barely walk on my right ankle after yesterday's marathon. Yet today it feels perfectly fine!...



MILE 5 - Especially considering that thirteen hours is all that separates the completion of yesterday's marathon and the start of today's!...



MILE 6 - Losing myself to the music (with the help of Eminem)...

MILE 7 - Finding a nice and easy pace and floating along loving life!...

MILE 8 - Knowing that I will be working from 2 to 10 today kinda forces me to enjoy the morning run a little more!...

MILE 9 - Many years ago I was a professional firefighter. I worked 24 hour shifts. Work a day, off a day, off four days after every five day cycle...

MILE 10 - Remembering that schedule, I found my solution to balancing family life, running a marathon everyday, and work. I just duplicated the schedule from the fire department and am happy to say that after almost burning out, I have found that balance!...

MILE 11 - That doesn't mean it is always easy, but it works!...


MILE 12 - Loving the fact that there is no wind today...

MILE 13 - With the temp at 32 degrees this morning, I way overdressed! I would rather be a little warm than cold though!...


MILE 14 - Plenty of sunshine today, good for the disposition!...



MILE 15 - Right ankle now feeling a little tender, but nothing compared to yesterday!...

MILE 16 - The thing about pain management is that what ever we focus on magnifies...

MILE 17 - What ever we focus on is our reality, all else is deleted. This can be good and bad, but when it comes to pain I try to respect it, then let it go...

MILE 18 - With all of that being said I am going to focus on listening to all the birds chirping away this morning!...

MILE 19 - Went back to refueling with Gatorade and Clif Bars to supplement the raw almonds I use to fuel these marathons...

MILE 20 - I recently picked up a belt with water bottles and finding it much easier to stay hydrated...

MILE 21 - Looking forward to being done before one, even if I am going to work at two!...

MILES 22 & 23 - Blessed with a pacer when I need him the most!...

MILE 24 - Floating along comfortably now...

MILE 25 ,26, & 27 - Almost there!...





FINISH - MAP & STATS



Here is SOME of the feedback that I have received in the last 24 hours from Dailymile and Twitter that is inspiring me for today's marathon:

@EmilyRatcliff: @jeffreyjmiller1 you are so seriously incredible! Huge high five to you!

@Powderfinger: @jeffreyjmiller1 Way to go Jeff! Used 2 think U had 2 have a name like Dean 2 run crazy, now I find that Jeff works 2! Crap! Was my excuse!

@JeannieMGilbert: @powderfinger I bet you could! Takes determination as he says. Put your mind to it & you can find a way to achieve it! ;) @jeffreyjmiller1

@bellaliterati: @jeffreyjmiller1 Hooray!!! Way to go! Keep on inspiring the rest of us! ;)

@2012milesin2012: @jeffreyjmiller1 @NikeRunning @LaCrosseTribune Staggering! 2 or 3 2012ers have completed the distance recently, using a bicycle. Running!?!

@pautebail: @jeffreyjmiller1 wow! Will u writing a book about this experience!!! You must be one tough man, to do this challenge.. Keep well!

Rob B. about 13 hours ago
Great job hammering through the difficulties today Jeffrey! Glad I could help keep you moving in some small way.

@JayRi: @jeffreyjmiller1 hey Jeffrey, ran Brighton in 3.38, and still stiff today 2 days later, total admiration for you, keep going strong!

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 had someone yell out during the half marathon Sunday "your almost there" we were not even to mile one. It did make me laugh

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 " The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible." -Charles (Alice in Wonderland)

@kempy29: @jeffreyjmiller1 u are truly my inspiration #amazing

@newnation: @jeffreyjmiller1 I love all the picture you take. IT has really help me enjoy the scenery around my city when I run also. #Keepontrucking!

@kevinbnelson: @jeffreyjmiller1 if I had a place that beautiful to run, I would run a marathon every. . .Wait, that's a lie, no I wouldn't! Go get em Jeff!

@Coyotetooth: @jeffreyjmiller1 here's a latte for you http://t.co/fMtURFKI

My latte from the UK!

@livz4running: @jeffreyjmiller1 Probably done by now or real close, another great feat for the feet, Keep it going you are an inpsiration to us all



(not hard to get out of bed at 4:45 a.m. when you see messages like this on your phone when you wake up!)

I HAVE BEEN ADDING SOME OF THE FEEDBACK THAT I GET EVERYDAY BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT INSPIRATION IS CONTAGIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment