Monday, April 16, 2012

33rd MARATHON COMPLETED in 33 days and now over 2,012 miles logged so far in 2,012

MILE 1 - Temp is in low 40's with a strong cold wind out of the north, mix in a light rain and low motivation and today is one of my much more challenging days...


MILE 2 - Just like that I am on mile two! One at a time...

MILE 3 - Having to lean into this wind!...

MILE 4 - Burr!...

MILE 5 - Locking in what I like to call my "all day pace"...


MILE 6 - With the wind now for at least the next seven miles!...

MILE 7 - Now on autopilot with the wind...

MILE 8 - Here comes the sideways rain again :)

MILE 9 - Going for day two of fueling the full marathon with raw almonds!...

MILE 10 - It is easier to carry a few thousand calories of almonds than protien bars...

MILE 11 - As I complete each marathon I am learning more and more that what we eat has a greater impact on how we look and feel than exercise does!...

MILE 12 - Fortunately, the rain did not stick around very long. Though I would not be surprised at all to see it rain quite a bit more!...

MILE 13 - Time to turn back into the wind...


MILE 14 - Today, the marathon begins here...

MILE 15 - Figure this one out; right now I am cold and tired and leaning into a very strong wind. There is a part of me that is saying that this really sucks, yet at the very same time there is a part of me that loves every moment of it!...

MILE 16 - I will say this, it definitely makes me appreciate the days with no wind!...


MILE 17 - I also make a point to remember even when this is at its most challenging of moments, someone else has it so much worse than I do...

MILES 18 & 19 - Literally just grinding it out at this point...

MILE 20 - Legs and feet O.K., mentally whipped!...

MILE 21 - Just grinding it out at this point...

MILE 22 - Are we there yet?!

MILE 23 - At least it has not rained since earlier, so I've got that going for me...

MILE 24 - Sore and tired, but inspired...


MILE 25 - Tweets from overseas contributing to my drive....(@jez_clarke: @jeffreyjmiller1 well done jeff.. Sounds like it's tough conditions today.. Keep going and remember your tougher...) & (@PaulBurrowsJsy: @jeffreyjmiller1 hi Jeffrey, hope it's still going well, awesome job! Stay strong and represent!)...

MILE 26 - What I have failed to mention so far is that my right ankle has been killing me the last five miles. I just work through these things (pain management), they come and go. Fortunately it is rarely the same thing causing the pain. It moves around, comes and goes and I have learned to accept it as part of taking this kind of thing on. I know and remind myself regularly that the pain is temporary, but the legacy is permanent!

FINISH - MAP and STATS

2,020 MILES OF RUNNING SO FAR IN 2012


Here is some of the feedback via Twitter and Dailymile that is fueling today's marathon;

@pautebail: @jeffreyjmiller1 ran the Brighton Marathon yesterday.. Took me 6 hrs 11 mins. And this morning I can just about walk. how do u run so often

@cncmrz: @jeffreyjmiller1 you are incredibile !! I Ran my 4th marathon @milanomarathon under The rain in 4h 36 isn't my Personal best but I'm happy

@JuiceLee337: Boston is cool. THIS. IS. AMAZING. >>"@jeffreyjmiller1: MILE 9 of 33rd MARATHON in 33 days: http://t.co/QqpctBZa"

@JordanKeck: @jeffreyjmiller1 is insane, but the inspiring kind. Pushing yourself to the limit everyday #counts.

@irunthecharles: @jeffreyjmiller1 today's 1 marathon was a great reminder of just how amazing what you are doing is...

And here is an excerpt from the note that was posted on Dailymile by Rob in Portland that carried me through the final ten miles of today's marathon;

..."At some point early in this crazy bounce-back, I thought of Jeffrey J M. and his marathon-per-day (seriously, you all need to be following his amazing exploits), and how whatever I was going through at this moment was barely a scratch on the surface of what he faces every day. It helped keep me grounded and put my physical troubles in context. As I became increasingly aware of how well I was rebounding my confidence started to grow by leaps and bounds, and I was able to mentally push myself back into a more positive, energized frame of mind. I wasn't exactly flying. :-) But I was much pretty much back to running my natural long pace..."



This is what it is all about, the inspiration goes full circle!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've discovered the wholesome goodness of almonds! When you're running a marathon a day they are so much better for you than the highly processed protein bars. For another easily portable pick-me-up and great source of easily digested carbohydrate try dates! Just make sure to pit them first!

    ReplyDelete