Monday, April 9, 2012

26th MARATHON COMPLETED in 26 Days

MILE 1 - Current temp is 50 and the high is 52. Plenty of sunshine....

MILE 2 - High winds out of the west but fortunately this marathon route is mostly south/north...


MILE 3 - More technical challenges at the moment. Was unable to update first two miles so I am just starting a new post! Going with the flow. Will take notes from previous attempt and fill in above...

MILE 4 - As much as I love running at night, I believe that I would only do it in special occasions....

MILE 5 - I was extremely tired by last night. Too tired! I rested well last night though. Feeling much better today....


MILE 6 - As each day adds to the number of consecutive days I am beginning to look at this more and more as a job. In other words, this is just me going to work...

MILE 7 - This mindset takes some of the stress off of what I do. For starters, there is no indecisiveness!...

MILE 8 - At the risk of stating the obvious, my legs and feet feel way better when I am well rested...

MILE 9 - Wind has shifted to more out of the north. First half will be a breeze, the second half, the battle...

MILE 10 - Today's pace has been very comfortable and I am hoping that it pays off when I turn back into the wind in a few miles...

MILE 11 - Not really paying much attention to the clock today, just enjoying the day...

MILE 12 - The convenience stores at miles 10, 13 and 18 I am beginning to visit regularly for Gatorade, keeping the electrolytes up. Definitely convenient!...

MILE 13 - Every now and then I give my self a quick little reality check and remind myself where I "could be" right now and the run becomes much more enjoyable!...

MILE 14 - Time for the fun to begin. Heading back to the north into a very strong wind...

MILE 15 - Yep, straight into the wind. It is so strong my eyes are watering!....

MILE 16 - I know this will become more difficult in the next few hours, but so far the comfortable and consistent pace early on has helped me in this wind...

MILE 17 - At least the hills are back in the heavily wooded area, the wind is not much of a factor here...

MILE 18 - Back into the wind, time to dig in...

MILE 19 - It is at this point of the run that I can really notice the effects of getting caught up on rest. Overall, I feel very good right now, even with the high winds...

MILE 20 - Eyes are watering so bad from this wind I can hardly see! All else good!...

MILE 21 - Still holding a comfortable pace...

MILE 22 - Staying well hydrated does have it's downside!...

MILE 23 - Getting there and still feeling good overall...

MILE 24 - Aside from the high winds, it turned out to be a gorgeous day!...

MILE 25 - Almost there! Woohoo!!...

MILE 26 - Amazingly and unexpectedly, my feet feel the best at this point of the marathon than they have felt in a long time! I can hardly wait to do this again!! (seriously!!!).

FINISH - MAP and STATS for today's marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment