Saturday, April 21, 2012

38th MARATHON COMPLETED in 38 days

MILE 1 - 10:35a.m. 50 degrees and sunshine. Rain to the west will keep me moving at a consistent pace today!



MILE 2 - Picture perfect day right now...


MILE 3 - I am feeling much better today than yesterday. It is amazing what a little sunshine and a good nights rest can do!...

MILE 4 - Feet and legs feel excellent right now....


MILE 5 - I can tell already that I am going to enjoy today's marathon...


MILE 6 - If only feeling energized and relaxed at the same time was contagious!...


MILE 7 - Gradually clouding over. Will not have to worry about a sunburn today!...

MILE 8 - The wind is out of the south (my favorite - pushes me the last half, when I need it the most)

MILE 9 - Yesterday I registered for the Green Bay Marathon on May 20th...

MILE 10 - I have about a month to prepare. I just hope I am ready by then ;)

MILE 11 - Registered for Grandma's Marathon (Jun 16) in Duluth, MN last week!

MILE 12 - So I am now registered for three marathons coming up to make part of the 365 marathons in 365 days....

MILE 13 - If I had the means I would include San Diego and Seattle in June!...


MILE 14 - And San Francisco in July!...

MILE 15 - The one thing that I do know is that I will run these bigger venues next year if not this year!....

MILE 16 - I looked up ahead and saw a van parked along the road with the driver holding out a Gatorade! It was Erik, my new found running partner who shows up unexpectedly to pace me for five to ten miles every now and then. It is the little things in life that mean so much!... Much appreciated!...

MILE 17 - I had a feeling today was going to be a good day!

MILE 18 - Even though I am taking it slow today, these miles seem to be flying along!!!...

MILE 19 - The rain is still to the west!..


MILE 20 - Here come the fun miles!!!...

MILE 21 - Picked up some sunflower seeds at the convenience store at mile 18 and now I am very thirsty!!!...

MILE 22 - Feet feeling a little tender now...

MILE 23 - That colorful blob west of LaCrosse has been moving nice and slow (just like me!)...

MILE 24 - I am feeling it now. Ready to be done!...

MILE 25 - I just read the 24 comments on Dailymile from yesterday's marathon and got all the motivation I need to finish this! Thank You all for taking the time to keep me going!

MILE 26 - Good luck to all of you running the London Marathon (or half-marathon) tomorrow. I cannot wait to join you. If you find yourself struggling out there, dig deep, slow down, and remind yourself that there is someone out there that does this everyday :)

FINISH - MAP & STATS linked soon


2,154 MILES LOGGED SO FAR IN 2012

My FUEL FOR TODAY's MARATHON

PHYSICAL FUEL:
Coffee
Creatine/Protein drink
Clif Bar
RAW ALMONDS
Gatorade

MENTAL FUEL:
@cncmrz: @jeffreyjmiller1 after only one marathon completed is difficult to find motivation to run ... But go go go

@Coyotetooth: @Claire_Kinton draw upon inspiration from @jeffreyjmiller1 ; he's completed 37 marathons in 37 days and going strong.

@runningdetectiv: @Coyotetooth @claire_kinton @jeffreyjmiller1 Yes! Could a man or woman run one marathon every day for 50 years? Why not?! #RUNMORE

@zingextreme: @jeffreyjmiller1 Allez, Allez, Allez on today's #MarathonofMarathons 38in38 #OneLessToDo well done buddy! Go, Go, Go!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Jeff! BTW, you'll enjoy the San Francisco Marathon. I ran it last year and it was a great course - fun and challenging.

    ReplyDelete