Thursday, April 19, 2012

36th MARATHON COMPLETED in 36 days

MILE 1 - 6:30 a.m. Not raining yet, but light rain in the late morning to moderate as the day progresses motivated me to get up at 5:15 and complete the pre-marathon push-up and pull-up routine.



MILE 2 - Temp in the mid-forties right now and looks like it is gonna stay there all day!...


MILE 3 - Just found out my first paperback copy of "365" arrived in the UK and other copies are in their way!...

MILE 4 - Q:( Kjcon Runner about 10 hours ago) - "Are your legs getting use to the distance?" GREAT RUNNING Jeffrey
A: Definitely. Legs felt yesterday as if they could break into a sprint even at mile 26 (but I know better). The feet are still adjusting...


MILE 5 - Some days are better than others...


MILE 6 - Exactly at the pace I want to be at (4 1/2 mph!)...


MILE 7 - I changed my mind about writing down anything I eat. I am going to write down what I eat that I would consider beneficial...

MILE 8 - Instant gratification does not qualify as beneficial by the way!...

MILE 9 - Still no rain!!!...

MILE 10 - Every mile without rain is a bonus at this point!...

MILE 11 - Feet still holding up...

MILE 12 - Legs feeling great at this point...


MILE 13 - Weather radar is showing rain getting close...


MILE 14 - There is always room for a 12 oz. french vanilla cappuccino...

MILE 15 - Unfortunately the next bathroom is not for three more miles!...

MILE 16 - Simply amazing, all the dark clouds are still on the horizon to the west!...



MILE 17 - Yet the sun is still breaking through from the east!...

MILE 18 - One more look at the radar and I can see that the marathon has just become a race to the finish line!...


MILE 19 - It is no longer a question of will it rain! Just when?!...


MILE 20 - That's one more dry mile complete!!!....


 MILE 21 - That little blue dot on the radar map is surrounded...

MILE 22 - Another dry mile, though it does look like someone just hit the dimmer switch!...

MILE 23 - And here comes the rain!...

MILE 24 - Now it is a race to beat the heavy stuff to the finish line!...

MILE 25 - This running in the rain is quite relaxing actually!...

MILE 26 - Now the rain is picking up! Just in time!

FINISH - MAP and STATS


 2,101 MILES LOGGED SO FAR IN 2012!

The drive home
Today's Fuel:

Physical Fuel:

Almonds - Raw - Lots of them
Cafe
Creatine / Protein drink
Water

Mental Fuel:

@angiedorrington: Got my book #the365daychallenge by @jeffreyjmiller1 looking forward to reading it :)
(FIRST PAPERBACK OF "365" ARRIVES IN THE U.K.!!!)

@BimblerBaz: It's 11 days since I ran a marathon & my legs *still* seem in tatters - how the hell @jeffreyjmiller1 does one *every day* is beyond me!

@LJB41: @jeffreyjmiller1 Well done Jeff, I will be running with you on Sunday in London. Keep going pal xx

@TerriGivens: @jeffreyjmiller1 Just finished 7 miles - glad to be running along with you! Hang in there and hope the rain holds off.

@JefRuns: @TerriGivens @jeffreyjmiller1 you two make it hard to stay in the office, it is a beautiful day here in North Alabama and I wanna run too.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment