Sunday, April 15, 2012

32nd MARATHON COMPLETED in 32 days

MILE 1 - Currently overcast and 65 degrees. 70% chance of severe thunderstorms today capable of producing hail and 25 - 35 mph winds with a high of 78 degrees. In other words, a perfect day for a marathon!



MILE 2 - No rain yet!..

MILE 3 - Scrapping the idea a set running time. I have found that like in life, the more I go with the flow, the easier this becomes....


MILE 4 - After completing a month of this, I have learned that time is completely irrelevant...


MILE 5 - It does not matter what time of the day I start the run and it definitely does not matter what time I finish...


MILE 6 - The weather is just as irrelevant...

MILE 7 - I have realized recently that the more extreme the weather is predicted to be the less it actually matters...

MILE 8 - To put it simply, sleep is more important. I would rather run in a storm well rested, than run earlier and sacrifice rest, running in good weather, but exhausted!...


MILE 9 - Speaking of the weather, not only has it not even rained yet, the sun is trying to come out!...



MILE 10 - Today will be the third day with a strong wind out of the south. My favorite, putting the wind at my back for the second half!...

MILE 11 - My running partner found me again - time for autopilot...

MILE 12 - And still no rain!

MILE 13 - Humidity is coming up a little!

MILE 14 - The wind is at my back once again!...

MILE 15 - Maintaining a very comfortable pace...

MILE 16 - Quite sure that there will be no hail during today's marathon!....

MILE 17 - Legs and feet are still doing good and the sun is coming out more and more...

MILES 18 & 19 - Just floating along at this point...

MILE 20 - Back into the wind for a little bit and it is strong!...

MILE 21 - Beginning to actually see some blue skies...

MILE 22 - Eric showed up and paced me for at least ten miles, now the remaining miles should be a breeze...

MILE 23 - Aside from Garorade, the only thing I have been consuming for today's marathon is raw almonds...

MILE 24 - No ClifBars today. Based on my math, the Almonds cost at least 50% less and have almost twice the calories!...

MILE 25 - I was curious how my energy would hold up. Now that I am at mile 25 I can say that the raw almonds were perfect...


MILE 26 - I forgot to mention why I included the picture of the baby turtle. Back at mile 8 it was trying to cross the road (why? I don't know;)) - So I put him back at the waters edge, to live another day.

FINISH - MAP and STATISTICS


Here are SOME of the comments I get via Dailymile and Twitter that are inspiring me for today's marathon:

Kathleen S....
Excellent run, Jeffrey! I love all the pictures you've been sharing with all of us.

@Econ_Bricabrac: @jeffreyjmiller1 keep it up! Just did 20 and can't believe you've been doin 26.2 for so many days.

@lizziliz38: @jeffreyjmiller1 You've got this Jeffrey! Keep going! You are an inspiration to us all! #runhappy

@Thomo74: @jeffreyjmiller1 I thought of you as I struggled on my 10 miler! Getting myself fit again after a hiatus. 19lbs lost so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment