Thursday, April 26, 2012

43rd marathon completed in 43 days

Mile 1 - 7:00 a.m. - 48 degrees and mostly cloudy with a cold wind out of the north....

Mile 2 - Make that a strong wind out of the north...

Mile 3 - The high today is only 55 so there should not be much fluctuation in the temperature...

Mile 4 - Forecast is calling for sunshine...


Mile 5 - I definitely need to get some better gear, this long sleeve cotton shirt is what not to wear!...

Mile 6 - I am definitely one layer short...

Mile 7 - Much better. My son brought out my Goretex and it blocks the wind wonderfully....


Mile 8 - This wind will be much more appreciated in my last ten miles when it is at my back!...

Mile 9 - Heading across the Mississippi...


Mile 10 - Another beautiful day in the park....

Mile 11 - "You almost always feel better after a run than before it". Holds true today for sure...



Mile 12 - I could barely walk this morning, yet here I am blazing along at a steady 4 1/2 miles per
hour!...


Mile 13 - My goal today is to keep it under six hours including stops...

Mile 14 - Anything longer than six hours is just too long on the feet, since this is something I do every day...



Mile 15 - Back on the other side of the river and pace is still comfortable....

Miles 16 to the finish line - Blogger app froze up on me while attempting to publish at mile 15.  It seems that technology is a love/hate thing for me.  Either way, I ended up deleting the app on my I-phone and reloaded a new one.  So I have no notes for the last ten miles or so.  I did link the map, so it has the map of where I ran as well as the splits.

Once I got into the marsh, I was pleasantly surprised to see my good friend Erik there waiting for me.  He ran with me from there until about mile 23.   That left me with only a little over three miles to complete on my own.  As much running as I do alone, it is great to have someone join up with me, it makes the miles just fly by when you have someone to chat with.  I am especially lucky because not a lot of runners would want to run that slow.

I managed to finish seconds under the six hour mark and felt much better at the end of the run than I did when I got up this morning.  The wind was in my face for a long time and it was a clod wind, then as I made my way south, the clouds went away and I had the wind at my back, sunshine, and someone to run with.  It turned out to be a great run.  I cannot wait to do it again tomorrow!

MAP and STATS


Fueled by:
Coffee
Raw almonds
Gatorade


Mental fuel:...

Coleman M. 35 minutes ago
"Jeffrey....good job thus far with the running. Keep it going as you always do....building up that mental fortitude...."

@JamieGilleland: @jeffreyjmiller1 Good morning! Kick ass at marathon #43 in 43 days :-)

Jeremy F. 12 minutes ago
"Have a great run!!"

@lizziliz38: "@jeffreyjmiller1: "Today's blog post - Mile 1 of 43rd marathon in 43 days" GM Need to change profile pic & show off all lbs u lost :)"

Kathleen S. about 10 hours ago
"You continue to impress with your dedication to these marathons."

@plustenner: @jeffreyjmiller1 "well done!"

@thedragonstweet: @jeffreyjmiller1 "6Hi jeffrey Well Done Will be thinking about you on sunday as I trot round manchester keep going, hope the legs are ok"

2,286 miles logged so far in 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment