Friday, June 22, 2012

100th MARATHONS in 100 DAYS completed

MILE 1 - 6 AM start time. 61 degrees right now with a high of 82. Perfect morning for a run...

MILE 2 - I have the good fortune of having a running partner for the whole 26.2 miles...

MILE 3 - Eric found me on Dailymile a few months back and has joined me on quite a few of these runs...

MILE 4 - We found a short trail along a creek to provide some great scenery, one deer and a lot of mosquitoes!...


MILE 5 - The humidity is already coming up...

MILE 6 - Heading down to the river...

MILE 7 - We are keeping a comfortable 12 minute mile average pace...

MILE 8 - My left heal is a little sore today, but everything else is good...

MILE 9 - Don't you just love running your 100th marathon in 100 days? (my daughter Jessica told me to include that question in today's post!)...



MILE 10 - One thing I can say after running 26.2 miles 100 days in a row is that it does not get easier!...

MILE 11 through 13 - The humidity is making a big difference today. In the last week, the temperature has been in the 90's with extremely high humidity. For that reason, I have logged a lot of miles on the treadmill. Today has reminded me why I have done that...

MILE 14 - The other major reason that has influenced me logging miles on the treadmill is that it has allowed me to be with my kids much more...

MILE 15 - That has been a major struggle for me, between working late, usually not getting home until around 10 PM, then spending another six hours a day running does not give me much priceless time with my kids. Time that I will never get back...

MILE 16 - Eric got at least a half marathon in until he started having stomach problems. He went farther than his body wanted to go and he kept me company for a huge part of today's marathon...

MILE 17 - I have decided to finish today's marathon on the treadmill...

MILES 18 and 19 - Watching a movie with my daughter...

MILE 20 - My feet are still extremely tender after all this time...

MILE 21 - The treadmill is helping with that a little though...

MILE 22 - If I stayed on the street, I would have been done by now...

MILE 23 - But at least on the treadmill, I am close to the food...

MILE 24 - That and the fact that I am not in a hurry...

MILE 25 - Almost there...

MILE 26 - It only took a little over five and a half hours of running time, but number 100 is almost complete...

The equivalent of 100 marathons in 100 days is completed!  I am giving very serious consideration to staying at the nice round number since I personally do not know anyone in the U.S. who has done it previously and I am paying the greatest price for this... time, which I do not get back.  I have no time for my children.  And that is wrong.  I can be on the treadmill at home with them, but six hours a day is a big price to pay.  I cannot play football with my 12 year old, or even chase my 8 year old around the park, because when I am not running, my legs are shot.  My daughter is growing up way too fast and my oldest and I can run marathons anytime we want the rest of our lives together.  When I can recover like normal people do.  I have too many other books that have already been written and need to be published, even if only by me.  They are still my legacy.  We will see what tomorrow brings, but I have already put countless hours into thinking about this and what I am trying to accomplish. 
In the end, all I want to do is make a difference in the lives of others, one person at a time.  And that I can continue to do. 

e-mail me with your thoughts at jeffreyjmiller1970@yahoo.com

I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.