Tuesday, June 19, 2012

97th marathon in 97 days completed

Mile 1 - Another hot one - high today of 93...

Mile 2 - Translation - treadmill...

Mile 3 - I hope to have a few less miles to run after work than yesterday...

Mile 4 - In the meantime, movies with the kids...

Mile 5 - In the air conditioned living room!...

Mile 6 - It's coincidental
that the temps are mimicking my number of marathons...

Mile 7 - Hopefully Friday is not 100 degrees...

Mile 8 - In the meantime I stay inside...

Mile 9 - And knock out the miles...

Mile 10 - Whatever running is left for after work I will probably do outside...

Mile 11 - The treadmill is easier physically, but mental torture...

Mile 12 - The movies help, but to keep going, is the mental battle...

Mile 13 - Just like yesterday, every mile I run now I do not have to run at night...

Mile 14 - Another mile...

Mile 15 - I will be heading off to work soon...

Mile 16 - A few more treadmill miles to go...

Mile 17 - Not a day goes by without me questioning what it is that I am doing...

Mile 18 - Eight point two miles to go...

Mile 19 - Completed one more mile on the mill, leaving 7.2 miles for after work...

Mile 20 - 10:15 PM - Back on the treadmill - almost 90 degrees still outside...

Mile 21 - Beginning to have some serious reservations of this project. I wake up and start my run usually getting in 18 to 19 miles before literally jumping in the shower then flying off to work. Only to roll in around 10 PM, then run until I complete 26.2 miles just before midnight. Then attempt to go to sleep by 2 AM which is not always easy because of the mileage...

Mile 22 - I have a lot of things that keep me going, but that only takes me so far...

Mile 23 - Momentum is all that carries me at this point...

Mile 24 - OK, not ALL that carries me, it is the feedback I get as well. It is like having running partners, except, a lot of them...

Mile 25 - I stopped running for myself a long time ago...

Mile 26 - Today's 26.2 miles is almost complete - and I am tired!...

The equivalent of 97 marathons in 97 days is completed (with less than 10 minutes to spare!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment