Wednesday, June 20, 2012

98th marathon in 98 days completed

Mile 1 - Thanks to my wonderful daughter waking me up earlier than normal today I am getting started much earlier than I have lately (sacrificing her own ability to sleep in when school is out just to help me!)...

Mile 2 - Another day on the treadmill...

Mile 3 - Outside it is way too hot...

Mile 4 - Especially considering that I am doing this again tomorrow...

Mile 5 - One day at a time...

Mile 6 - My feet are definitely adjusting to the mileage...

Mile 7 - The challenge has become purely mental...

Mile 8 - It has become more of a one mile at a time kind of thing...

Mile 9 - Only 18 miles to go!...

Mile 10 - Watching movies with my daughter again today until I go to work...

Mile 11 - Plugging away...

Mile 12 - Took my youngest son somewhere and it is extremely hot outside!...

Mile 13 - Running 26.2 outside today would be nuts!...

Mile 14 - Re-starting a run is always a little difficult...

Mile 15 - But breaking it up, even if only for a half hour helps...

Mile 16 - On another note, I do not recommend eating a lot of black beans in the beginning of a 26.2 mile run...

Mile 17 - I'm sticking with raw almonds and black coffee...

Mile 18 - and spinach of course...

Mile 19 - And a lot of water...

Mile 20 - The two most common questions I get are how do I do this? and what do I eat?...

Mile 21 - The only answer I have for the second question is one mile at a time, one day at a time...

Mile 22 - But it is still extremely difficult...

Mile 23 - I can barely walk when I first get up in the morning...

Mile 24 - It is times like that when I really begin to have doubts about why I am doing this...

Mile 25 - Once I get running, the challenge becomes mental...

Mile 26 - After completing three movies and 23.7 miles on the treadmill, I decided to run the last 2.5 miles outside and it is not only incredibly got, it is insanely humid out here! Staying inside for the majority of tge rub was the right decision. Plus I got to hang out with the kids. Because once I finish this run, I hit the shower and Kahlen and I are off to work abd won't get back until after 10 PM.

The equivalent of 98 marathons in 98 days is completed and thanks to Jessica getting me up extra early, I do not have to run after work for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment