Monday, June 11, 2012

89th marathon in 89 days completed

Mile 1 - 70 degrees and cloudy with a high today of 84 degrees...


Mile 2 - Today's 26.2 miles I am going to have to work at in pieces again today...

Mile 3 - Back to Monday mode - complete the normal 26.2 miles before, between and after taking the kids where they need to get to, spending quality time with these miracles known as children and working 8-10 hours...


Mile 4 - I will be running after ten tonight to finish what I do not get done before work...

Mile 5 - It is extremely humid today...

Mile 6 - But at least there is a great breeze...

Mile 7 - Kahlen will be joining me for a while and keeping me company...

Mile 8 - Clouds have been disappearing and are being replaced by sunshine...

Mile 9 - Looks like I will be getting a little more sun today!...

Mile 10 - Time to head in the direction of the river...

Miles 11 through 17 - My Blogger up froze up yet again requiring me to delete the app and re-load it and log back in, which could not take place of course until I contacted my daughter at home and have her log me off of the laptop...




Mile 18 - Heading back to the south, I have to head off to work in about an hour....

Mile 19 - It is getting way to hot to be out here running anyway...

Mile 20 - My feet are starting to get a little sore as well...

Mile 21 - Time to hit the shower and go to work. I will resume this run after work this evening...

Mile 22 - 10:06 p.m. Here we go again...

Mile 23 - Jessica is by my side on the mountain bike...

Mile 24 - And Kahlen is leading the way with our yellow lab...

Mile 25 - The night air is amazing. It is clear and there is a very strong breeze right now...

Mile 26 - It is a perfect 66 degrees. I also just noticed tomorrow's high temp is 72 (and sunshine)...


The equivalent of 89 marathons completed in 89 days  
 
Started: Jun 11, 2012 9:16:03 AM
Run Time: 5:39:31
Distance: 26.46 miles
Average Pace: 12:50 /mile
Fastest Pace: 8:57 /mile
Ascent: 1382 feet
Descent: 1318 feet
Calories: 3608

I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.