Monday, June 18, 2012

96th marathon in 96 days completed

Mile 1 - High of 93 today with triple digit heat index...

Mile 2 - Another day on the treadmill...

Mile 3 - Knocking out as many of these 26.2 miles as I can before going to work this afternoon...

Mile 4 - Then I will finish the remaining miles between 10 PM and midnight...

Mile 5 - And if the weather cooperates, I can finish outside...

Mile 6 - Kahlen can get a few miles in with me as a recovery run from his 26.2 miles on Saturday...

Mile 7 - Four days until marathon number one hundred...

Mile 8 - Hopefully there is not a triple digit heat index on Friday!...

Mile 9 - Because Marathon number 100 should be run outside!...

Mile 10 - My body is holding up good today...

Mile 11 - And hanging out with the kids makes the mental part a breeze...

Mile 12 - Working evenings is not so bad in the summertime...

Mile 13 - I get to spend my mornings with the kids...

Mile 14 - Even if I am on a treadmill...

Mile 15 - As crazy as spending five hours and forty minutes on a treadmill or on the street, it beats spending that much time on a couch!...

Mile 16 - And the time will pass anyway...

Mile 17 - Which is good because it is almost time for me to be off to work..

Mile 18 - Eight miles left to run after work - I will need to start by 10 PM to finish easily before midnight...

Mile 19 - 9:50 PM running outside with Kahlen and Eric for 8.2 miles...

Mile 20 - It is still 88 degrees out here!...

Mile 21 - This feels like a mid-summer night run...

Mile 22 - We are holding a comfortable eleven and a half minute mile average pace...

Mile 23 - I imagine we will gradually slow up a little as the miles build up...

Mile 24 - Aside from almost tripping over a speed bump I feel great right now...

Mile 25 - Almost there...

Mile 26 - Another very enjoyable run - I consider myself very lucky to have the friends and family supporting me with this adventure...

The equivalent of 96 marathons in 96 days is completed! (with almost a half an hour to spare!)

No comments:

Post a Comment