Saturday, June 16, 2012

94th marathon in 94 days completed



Mile 1 - Running Grandma's marathon in Duluth, MN - Starting in Two Harbors...

Mile 2 - 64 degrees and sunny (here) with a high of 63 in Duluth...

Mile 3 - My twenty year old son, Kahlen, who just started running last month, is running by my side...

Mile 4 - The farthest he has ever run before today is 16.8 miles!...

Mile 5 - My daughter Jessica is waiting for us at the finish line...

Mile 6 - She was willing to wait there for nine hours since we had to get there early to catch shuttle buses to the start line!...

Mile 7 - Blog app froze up at mile 6 so I am just keeping my updates on a notepad app and updating when I an able to...

Mile 8 - It was announced earlier that this event has over six thousand volunteers!!!...

Mile 9 - My legs are feeling the effects of yesterday's two hundred plus mile drive. More soreness than I am used to...

Mile 10 - Still no signal for the blog, just storing my notes

Mile 11 - I turned my runmeter app off a while back to save battery life....

Mile 12 - So I can take photos and notes right to the end of today's 26.2 miles...

Mile 13 - It has completely clouded over and the air off the lake is nice and cold!...

Mile 14 - The leg soreness is beginning to go away!...

Mile 15 - We have been able to maintain the same exact comfortable pace the whole way so far...

Mile 16 - Kahlen is still looking real solid...

Mile 17 - Smooth sailing here on in, we still have a nice cool breeze at our back!...

Mile 18 -As slow and easy as we are going, these miles seem to be flying by!...

Mile 19 - All these volunteers that come out to support these runners are exceptional people...

Mile 20 - Along time ago I heard about a "wall" at mile twenty - The only wall I experienced was a wall on the side of the road with some beer cups on it and some great people handing them out to those who asked!...

Mile 21 - So far three people have been kind enough to give me a beer - sometimes the one they were drinking!...

Mile 22 - I am finding that the closer I get to the finish line, the easier it gets to find beer!...

Mile 23 - Four miles to go!...

Mile 24 - This is truly the easy part!...

Mile 25 - The closer we get to the finish, the easier this getting!...

Mile 26 - This has been by far the easiest marathon to date. The wind has been at my back the whole way and my son by my side...




I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.