Wednesday, June 13, 2012

91st marathon in 91 days completed

Mile 1 - 57 degrees and mostly cloudy with a high today of 77...

Mile 2 - Not nearly as windy as yesterday, as a matter of fact, there is a nice light breeze right now...

Mile 3 - The sun has been making an appearance, but looking at the heavy blanket of clouds to the west, it won't be for long...


Mile 4 - Heading down to the river...


Mile 5 - I will be running Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN on Saturday...

Mile 6 - I have been waiting a long time to run this one!...

Mile 7 - I am really hoping the weather cooperates!...

Mile 8 - Feet are feeling a little tender again today...

Mile 9 - It is something that I am just getting used to...

Mile 10 - As much as my feet hurt, I still believe that this challenge is more mental than physical...

Mile 11 - Just don't tell my feet that!...

Mile 12 - There is not a day that goes by without me questioning what I am doing...

Mile 13 - The greatest struggle that I have is the time commitment...

Mile 14 - The time away from family is my values conflict...

Mile 15 - That is why I have mixed in the treadmill from time to time...

Mile 16 - As much as I despise the monotony of a treadmill, it is a small price to pay to be able to hang out with the kids and watch movies before going to work...

Mile 17 - Just like everyone else, it is about discovering a balance...

Mile 18 - The one thing that we all must remember is that today is all we ever have...

Mile 19 - And once it is gone, we never get it back...

Mile 20 - Speaking of which, I will be heading off to work soon...

Mile 21 - Gotta pay the bills...

Mile 22 - Time to go. 22.24 miles in so far, four miles left to do after work...

Mile 23 - 10:40 p.m. Four miles remain...

Mile 24 - Another beautiful night to run...


Mile 25 - 66 degrees and a clear, breezy night...

Mile 26 - Little by little my feet almost feel as if they are adjusting to this kind of daily mileage!...

The equivalent of 91 marathons in 91 days is completed!

 Started: Jun 13, 2012 8:49:19 AM
Run Time: 5:50:17
Distance: 26.71 miles
Average Pace: 14:24 /mile
Fastest Pace: 8:47 /mile
Ascent: 842 feet
Descent: 739 feet
Calories: 3408


I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.