Saturday, June 9, 2012

86th marathon in 86 days completed

Mile 1 - 11:41 start time. Very late start! Today is Jackson's 12th birthday (my son). So I am completing all 26.2 miles on the treadmill and watching movies with Jack!...

Mile 3 - We're starting with "Beetlejuice"...

Mile 4 - and it is a great day for this because it is extremely hot outside today...

Mile 5 - I have been getting way too much sun lately...

Mile 6 - My lips are getting blisters from being in the sun so much lately...

Mile 7 - And this treadmill is always a little better on my feet...

Mile 8 - My feet are feeling pretty good again today...

Mile 9 - And now we're watching one of Tim Burton's Batman movies...

Miles 10 & 11 - Good movie...

Miles 12 - Even on a treadmill the run is a bit of a challenge...

Mile 13 - A bit monotonous!...

Mile 14 - One mile at a time just like any other day...

Mile 15 - Keeping on keeping on...

Mile 16 - My left heal is feeling a bit tender again today, but that may be because I picked up my pace a little bit...

Mile 17 - Family will be visiting soon so I will have to complete the run after 9p.m. tonight...

Mile 18 - One more mile for the afternoon segment...

Mile 19 - I suppose there is time yet for just one more mile...

Mile 20 - Every extra mile I do now is a mile I do not have to do later...

Mile 21 - OK this is really my last mile until tonight. I will finish up at 21.2 miles and leave exactly 5 miles for after ten p.m....

Mile 22 - 9:33 p.m. Back to watching "Batman" with the kids...

Mile 23 - Watching the version with Val Kilmer and Tommy Lee Jones....

Mile 24 - I will finish up today's 26.2 miles with well over an hour to spare...

Mile 25 - Almost done!...

26.2 miles completed at 10:37 p.m. - total running time 5 hrs 30 min.


I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.