Wednesday, June 6, 2012

84th marathon in 84 days completed

Mile 1 - 12:26 a.m. My goal is to just start and see how far I feel like going. Who knows I may be only out here for a few minutes!...

Mile 2 - The forecast for today is sunny and 80 degrees with more high humidity!...

Mile 3 - Right now the weather is perfect and the traffic is light...

Mile 4 - Right now part of me wants to head back and get some sleep and the other part of me wants to just keep going...

Mile 5 - I did not have much time to charge my i-phone after finishing yesterday's marathon (about an hour and a half ago!)...

Mile 6 - That and I have not slept since completing yesterday's marathon!....

Mile 7 - Of course it does not help that I keep running straight north...

Mile 8 - It is a clear night so at least I have the moonlight to light my way...

Mile 9 - Now we're getting somewhere!...

Mile 10 - The only downside to this spontaneous night run is that I took with me only 16 oz of Gatorade and a pouch of raw almonds...

Mile 11 - Fortunately it is a cool 60 degrees and getting cooler...

Mile 12 - It is actually getting quite chilly out here!...

Mile 13 - Definitely getting tired now...

Mile 14 - Finally get to turn around and head back to the house...

Mile 15 - I turned around exactly at 13.1 miles so if my phone does go dead, I know I have my miles covered!..

Mile 16 - This country highway I took out of town has a lot of rolling hills...

Mile 17 - The sky is beginning to light up behind me in the east...


Mile 18 - The i-phone is not dead yet but I'm getting there!...

Mile 19 - But I am still moving...


Mile 20 - Finally! I found water!...

Mile 21 - All better...

Mile 22 - So much for just knocking out a couple of today's miles after midnight...

Miles 22 through 26.2 miles - Battery was on fumes at mile 22 so I stopped the blog updates to be able to keep my runmeter app going, which failed anyway at the 25.12 mile mark.  I continued on and with my deviations off of the 13.1 mile run from the house, I actually completed close to 27 miles for the day.  Day 84 is in the books.  And I am exhausted.

MAP and STATS


I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.