Sunday, June 17, 2012

95th marathon in 95 days completed

Mile 1 - Happy Father's Day to all the fathers. Since it is father's day, I am running all 26.2 miles today at home on the treadmill in the living room with my family, where I belong on a day like today...

Mile 2 - It is a good thing that I have a family that loves watching movies...

Mile 3 - Today we are watching a classic, "Short Circuit"...

Mile 4 - We finished the final mile quite fast so I was worried how my feet would feel today...

Mile 5 - The treadmill is helping with the recovery...

Mile 6 - It also helps me condition to my pace - The light and easy thirteen minute mile...

Mile 7 - Aside from making the running more enjoyable, this pace has allowed me to finish every marathon event strong...

Mile 8 - It is one thing to run everyday, the idea is to enjoy it...

Mile 9 - That should be the point of just about anything we do...

Mile 10 - The best part about running Grandma's Marathon with my son yesterday was that we both kept the same light an easy pace and had fun the whole way!...

Mile 11 - Not to mention, Kahlen just started running in the first week of May...

Mile 12 - He trained almost every day for about five weeks...

Mile 13 - A very short time, but he ran with me, at my slow pace and was able to increase his distance significantly...

Mile 14 - I have looked forward to running places like Chicago, New York and San Francisco to name a few...

Mile 15 - Now I am looking forward to eventually running those places that much more...

Mile 16 - Now it will be us running those places...

Mile 17 - Now, we have just got to figure out which marathon we can run next...

Mile 18 - One at a time we will eventually run a lot of them...

Mile 19 - In the meantime, I will enjoy today's run...

Mile 20 - And I am almost done already...

Mile 21 - My feet are still holding up good today...

Mile 22 - The treadmill is better for the feet and the movies and company help with the mental part...

Mile 23 - With the high heat of the next few days, and the kids out of school, the treadmill is gonna get a little more use than normal...

Mile 24 - At least I have my supplies closer to me...

Mile 25 - Not to mention a lot closer to a bathroom!...

Mile 26 - Another 26.2 miles almost completed, my left heal is still a little tender, but better than I thought it would feel today...

The equivalent of 95 marathons in 95 days is completed!


I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.