Monday, June 4, 2012

82nd marathon in 82 days completed

Mile 1 - 8:17 - 63 degrees and sunshine. Today's high is 81 degrees with a chance of thunderstorms...

Mile 2 - 8:30 - My feet are feeling good again today so far...

Mile 3 - 8:43 - Not a cloud in the sky right now...


Mile 4 - 8:56 - Warming up very quickly already...

Mile 5 - 9:09 - I am desperately in need of a publicist. I just heard that it's all over the news that some guy is running or going to run 50 marathons in 50 days finishing in London at the start of the Olympics...

Mile 6 - 9:22 - I am on day 82 and my story has made one newspaper! AND I do this while holding down a job, currently working 36-40 hrs a week just to keep my head above water!...

Mile 7 - 9:35 - I have not been able to get one sponsor. It is not for lack of effort...

Mile 8 - 9:48 - What does keep me going is the feedback that I receive daily of inspiring others to get off their arse!...

Mile 9 - 10:01 - It just seems pointless some days to endure this kind of physical and mental challenge if only a handful of people even know what I am doing...

Mile 10 - 10:14 - If I had sponsorship I could be running major marathons all across the country, motivating and inspiring thousands...

Mile 11 - 10:36 - I am running for the greatest cause of them all - YOU...

Mile 12 - 10:49 - My ultimate goal is to raise awareness about personal development...

Mile 13 - 11:02 - Ultimately the message always has been and always will be the same - You are capable of more than you think...

Mile 14 - 11:15 - especially when you take it literally one day at a time...


Mile 15 - 11:30 - Which is the only way I can do this. Tomorrow simply does not exist in my world...

Mile 16 - 11:43 - Today is all we ever have and once it is gone it is gone forever, we can never get it back...

Mile 17 - 11:57 - Kinda makes you want to slow down a little and enjoy the day...

Miles 18 through 25 - Blogger app on i-phone completely froze up on me.  Maybe it was the heat.  Who knows.  Finished up exactly 23 miles on the street and then hit the treadmill for the final 3.2 miles.  That might be why my feet felt so good yesterday.  I have been plugging in a little treadmill time to give my feet relief from the street.  Also so I can spend more time with the kids.  The treadmill is in the living room just for that reason...

26.2 miles completed again for the 82nd day in a row.  5 hrs 50min total running time.  Today was very hot and humid and full of technical difficulties but it is complete and now it is time to jump in the shower and go to work like everybody else does! 

I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.