Friday, June 1, 2012

79th marathon in 79 days completed


Mile 1 - 9 a.m. Start time. 48 degrees and cloudy with a high of 70...

Mile 2 - Clouds already starting to burn off!...

Mile 3 - Running a simple 10.2 mile loop back to the house, then my son will join me for the remaining 16 miles...

Mile 4 - This will be his longest run ever...

Mile 5 - It is turning out to be another gorgeous day...

Mile 6 - Relax. That is my goal to day. To relax as much as possible as I log these miles. Such an easy thing to forget!...

Mile 7 - What if all we had to do was improve?!...

Mile 8 - Instead of getting so stressed out over achieving perfection, just improve...

Mile 9 - A little more each day...

Mile 10 - The time is gonna pass anyway!...

Mile 11 - Sixteen miles with my running partner / wingman / driver / son!...

Mile 12 - Heading back to the north...

Mile 13 - Straight into the wind...

Mile 14 - Keeping a comfortable pace so far...

Mile 15 - Heading into the marsh...


Mile 16 - As always the marsh is a peaceful sanctuary in the city...


Mile 17 - Working our way to the river...


Mile 18 - And now we have the wind to our back!...

Mile 19 - The little guy is still going strong (my son - he's 6'2"!)...


Mile 20 - It is now 70 degrees and sunny...

Mile 21 - Starting to feel it now...


Mile 22 - Time to just suck it up and grind it out!...


Mile 23 - It may just be me but it feels like the longer I do these 26.2 mile runs, the slower I get!...

Mile 24 - I assumed that the more of these that I did, the faster I would get!!!...

Mile 25 - Today as well as this whole week has been more difficult than normal...

Mile 26 - So I am sticking with the theory that it is going to get harder before it gets easier.

26.2 miles completed for the 79th day in a row.

 Kahlen, my 20 year old son ran the final 16 miles with me. It was his longest run ever - he just took up running in early May! And even on his 16th mile I could not keep up with him. He managed to stay just ahead of me the whole time.


I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.