Thursday, May 31, 2012

78th marathon in 78 days completed

Mile 1 - 52 degrees and cloudy with a high in the low 60s today. Yet another day with perfect running weather...


Mile 2 - Almost twelve minutes into my run I check my runmeter to see how close I am to starting mile two and it shows that I have been running for almost twelve minutes but have only gone 2/10ths of a mile! It just stopped itself again!...

Mile 3 - That is one great thing about a treadmill, at least every mile is tracked...

Mile 4 - That and I am always close to a bathroom (and coffee!)...

Mile 5 - Which just so happens to be one of my greatest challenges, finding bathrooms!...

Mile 6 - One of the true luxuries of running an event is having port-a-potties conveniently spaced through out the 26.2 mile route...

Mile 7 - It always is the little things in life we take for granted!...

Mile 8 - Finally made it down to the river...



Miles 9 through 12 - One very smart decision I have made recently is to make this journey as easy as possible, or to re-phrase it, not make it any more difficult than it needs to be...

Miles 13 through 15 - So when the weather turns nasty, I am hitting the treadmill. My journey is about running the equivalent of a marathon every single day for 365 days. I do not get any extra points for running in miserable conditions!....

Mile 16 - This morning's run started perfect. By mile six it began to rain and get very cold. My hands were actually getting numb. For what?!...

Mile 17 - So I headed back to the south and after eleven and a half miles outside, I hit the treadmill...

Mile 18 - My fifteen year old daughter has finals this week and only had one class today, so I get to spend a few extra hours with her before I go to work...

Mile 19 - Once today is gone, it is gone forever, we never get it back...

Mile 20 - It is so important that one day at a time we balance our lives as if each day was our last...

Mile 21 - Life is too short. We must make each and everyday count...

Mile 22 - Feet still sore but the treadmill is helping soften the impact a bit...

Mile 23 - I am determined to get my feet accustomed to this kind of daily mileage...

Mile 24 - I truly believed in the beginning this would get easier as the weeks passed. In terms of stamina and endurance it has...

Mile 25 - In terms of my feet, it has not. Yet!...

Mile 26 - I have come to accept that this is one of those things that gets harder before it gets easier!

26.2 miles completed.  Again. 

I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.