Tuesday, May 29, 2012

76th marathon in 76 days completed


Mile 1 - 9 a.m. start time. 63 degrees with a high of 70. Not a cloud in the sky...

Mile 2 - Another day with high winds...

Mile 3 - Wearing two pairs of socks to see if that helps the feet!...


Mile 4 - Just me and Jimmy Buffett right now...

Mile 5 - This wind is stronger than I had thought...


Mile 6 - I have seen four large turtles already this morning!...

Mile 7 - I am definitely feeling sluggish today...


Mile 8 - Must not have had enough coffee this morning or too little of sleep last night...

Mile 9 - I have come to the conclusion that the level of difficulty of each run is directly proportionate to how well rested I am or am not!...


Mile 10 - Not sure if it is because of running in the high temps the last few days or the high winds. But I have no energy right now!!!


Mile 11 - The good news is that I only have fifteen miles left to run today!...

Mile 12 - Of course, since my energy is crashed out, so is my motivation....

Mile 13 - Today has officially become one of the days that I think this is nuts!...

Mile 14 - Days like today, I do not continue because of my desire to run...

Mile 15 - Though I almost always feel better after a run than before it...

Mile 16 -The ONLY thing that keeps me going on days like today, when I I am physically AND mentally drained, is my refusal to quit...

Mile 17 - Kahlen is joining me now and can keep me moving...

Mile 18 - The wind is out of the north, so we will run straight north until mile marker 21 then head back south...

Mile 19 - At least I do not have to worry about running out of energy for today's run...

Mile 20 - I never had any!!!...

Mile 21 - Time for some trails...


Mile 22 - Heading into the marsh...

Mile 23 - Finally heading back to the south...

Miles 24, 25 and 26 - Today's run took so long, my i-phone battery almost went dead.  I held off on updating the blog until I got back to the house so my runmeter app would not go dead.  After the heat and high winds of the last few days as well as very little sleep last night, by time I was at mile 24 I literally felt like I had run fifty miles.  From beginning to end this entire run was pure willpower.


I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.