Friday, May 4, 2012

51st marathon in 51 days completed

Mile 1 - 8:25 start time. 63 degrees and cloudy. High today around 70 making for a perfect day for a marathon...

Mile 2 - A little humid already, but there is a light breeze balancing it out...

Mile 3 - Legs and feet feel excellent right now!...

Miles 4 & 5 - My good days / difficult days seem to alternate. Today I feel excellent...

Mile 6 - Heading down to the river...

Mile 7 - No sunshine yet today and for what I am doing this is a very good thing...

Mile 8 - Time for some pictures...

Mile 9 - It is not as picturesque when it is overcast, but it is definitely more comfortable...



Mile 10 - The breeze today feels amazing...


Mile 11 - I hope that I feel this good on Sunday (I will be running my first marathon event! - "The LaCrosse Fitness Festival Marathon")


Mile 12 - I just hope that the seven thousand miles plus that I have logged including one hundred and ten 26.2 + mile runs (59 in a row in 2010 and 51 in a row after today is complete) have prepared me for Sunday!!!...


Mile 13 - The light breeze has become a fairly strong, cool wind out of the north...


Mile 14 - That wind will be perfect for the last third of today's marathon since I will be heading back to the south...

Mile 15 - Body holding up better today up until this point...


Mile 16 - Back on my side of the river...


Mile 17 - Riverside park is one of my favorite places to run...


Mile 18 - On to my second favorite place, the marsh...

Mile 19 - Time to look for snakes!...


Mile 20 - Only found one snake!...

Mile 21 - Back in the residential area, heading south...

Mile 22 - Starting to feel a little tired!...


Mile 23 - Must conserve energy for Sunday...

Mile 24 - Picked up some running shoes for my son and now he can help me finish these marathons...

Mile 25 - And just like that, with a running partner, it gets much easier....

Kahlen (my son/pacer)
Mile 26 - I am an incredibly lucky man to have such a great family that support this dream.

Started: May 4, 2012 8:24:21 AM
Run Time: 5:41:45
Distance: 26.48 miles
Average Pace: 12:54 /mile
Fastest Pace: 6:45 /mile
Ascent: 1044 feet
Descent: 1113 feet
Calories: 3537

Official: Yes


Fuel...

Almonds (raw)
Coffee (black)
Gatorade

Motivation...

...All that matters is what we do TODAY

@cncmrz: @jeffreyjmiller1 "GRANDE Jeffrey sei incredible e adesso sei vicino al record delle maratone consecutive!!! Rispondimi in italiano !! Ciao"

@Coyotetooth: @jeffreyjmiller1 "oops, missed the start! Cheering again from inside as the clouds have opened up!"

@cynicalife: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Since ur on day 51 only do 19.2 more miles and call it day. Have a great run and enjoy day 51!"(at mile 7!)

@ForTheSole: "if you look up the definition of "beast mode" you'll find @jeffreyjmiller1's picture... #crazy marathoner #cheerhimon"

Jason P. about 12 hours ago
"Are you human, or are you some type of running cyborg or something? lol"

@kevinbnelson: @jeffreyjmiller1 "I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm done"

@PaulBurrowsJsy: @jeffreyjmiller1 "wow! 51 marathons, awesome Jeffrey! you must be feeling like you were born to run by now! :)"

Sama about 1 hour ago
"You're incredible, Jeffrey! We're all proud of you!"

@sis_pla: @cncmrz "tra una maratona e l'altra ha il tempo di risponderti!!!! GRANDE @jeffreyjmiller1 you're simply the best GO GO GO"

@TerriGivens: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Go get 'em - you are making history! My measly two miles (with sprints and drills) pales in comparison. :-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment