Monday, May 28, 2012

75th marathon in 75 days completed


Mile 1 - Starting today's marathon at 1:35 in the afternoon...

Mile 2 - 82 degrees, sunny and humid...

Mile 3 - I am planning on running at least a half marathon outside today then whatever remains inside on the treadmill...

Mile 4 - Kahlen, my 20 year old son, is running his first half marathon with me today...


Mile 5 - He just started running this month!...

Mile 6 - The biggest challenge for him is running at my pace, but it is also what has allowed him to increase his mileage so quickly...


Mile 7 - I am lucky to have the family that I have...

Mile 8 - Which is also why I am running the last few hours of today's run inside. So I can watch a movie with my 15 daughter while I run...

Mile 9 - Today is all we ever have...


Mile 10 - As for me, my goal is to complete a marathon per day and spend as much time with my family as possible...

Mile 11 - Heading back to the south...

Mile 12 - Today's wind is out of the west, so it is pretty much a non-factor...

Mile 13 - Kahlen has managed to stay ahead of me for the full thirteen miles and the 82 degrees is not exactly ideal for his first half-marathon...

Mile 14 - Up until today, the farthest Kahlen has run is nine miles...

Mile 15 - Today he completed exactly 15 miles and stayed just ahead of me the whole way!...

Mile 16 - On to the treadmill...

Mile 17 - This is actually good for my feet...

Mile 18 - After spending so much time on the street, this is a good change up...

Mile 19 - Setting the treadmill at a bit of an incline is another way to make the streets a little easier...

Mile 20 - Legs are feeling good so far today...

Mile 21 - Feet still feeling the pain...

Mile 22 - Last night's extra rest helped with today's run...

Mile 23 - Time to put another movie in!...

Mile 24 - Watching "Invictus" this evening with Morgan Freeman playing Nelson Mandela....

Mile 25 - What a great day, I am able to complete a marathon yet spend the entire day with family!...

Mile 26 - The final mile of marathon number 75 in as many days to raise awareness to one of the greatest causes of all... Personal Development. Challenge to improve you. One day at a time you have no idea what you are capable and all that ever matters is what you do today.

I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.  

I am dedicating my 75th marathon to Terry Hitchcock, who's book and story inspired me three years ago to do what I am doing today as well as the three years of preparation.  Help me show Terry my appreciation by checking out his Facebook Fan page and let him know I sent you...

“Like” Terry Hitchcock on Facebook AND post a message on his wall stating“I was sent by www.runningforrestitution.blogspot.com”

Thank You