Tuesday, May 8, 2012

55th marathon in 55 days completed

Mile 1 - 55 degrees and sunny

Mile 2 - Not one cloud in the sky...


Mile 3 - Today's high is only 61 degrees. Perfect...

Mile 4 - Light breeze out of the north...

Mile 5 - The forecast for later in the day is rain...

Mile 6 - Reminding myself that my life is TODAY...

Mile 7 - Back down by the water, visiting with the turtles...


Mile 8 - There is always time in a run to stop and rescue a turtle from the pavement and put him back to the water...

Mile 9 - Clouds rolling in, wind picking up...



Mile 10 - Heading west over the Mississippi...

Miles 11, 12, & 13 - On the phone with the local paper. Hopefully more people can learn why I am doing this...


Mile 14 - So much for the rain later in the day, it's already starting to sprinkle..


Mile 15 - Little by little the sky is getting darker...



Mile 16 - Back on the LaCrosse side of the river...

Mile 17 - I have reached the point in the run where my feet hate me!  But I have received some motivation from Memphis...



Mile 18 - Back in the marsh again...

Mile 19 - Rain picking up...

Mile 20 - Blogging under a tree!...

Mile 21 - One foot in front of the other at this point...

Mile 22 - Hobbling along at this point!..

Mile 23 - Now I am blessed with two of my kids running with me!

Mile 24 - Now if I could just keep up with them!...

Mile 25 - I think that they are starting to slow down a little bit. Either that or I am speeding up a little bit!!...

Mile 26 - Extremely dark clouds about to roll over the top of us. Time to pick up the pace a bit and call it a day.


Started: May 8, 2012 8:54:53 AM
Run Time: 6:42:12
Stopped Time: 29:47
Distance: 26.51 miles
Average Pace: 15:10 /mile
Fastest Pace: 7:59 /mile
Ascent: 1094 feet
Descent: 1375 feet
Calories: 3373
Official: Yes

Fuel...

Mostly raw almonds!

Motivation...

@Coyotetooth: (NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, UK) "Does everybody have their latte ready for the start of yet another entertaining, inspirational marathon by @jeffreyjmiller1 #IsThisForReal55"

@EK35_PGA: (LANCASTER, PA)
@jeffreyjmiller1 "Absolutely amazing! Keep it up!!!"

@JC_runs: (QUAD CITIES, USA) @jeffreyjmiller1 "keep on running! You're an inspiration. #beastmode"

@lexnino: (ORLANDO, FLORIDA) @jeffreyjmiller1
"What up big dog.....so proud of what you're doing !! ...
much luv my brother ! WORD !!"

@livz4running: (WASHINGTON) @jeffreyjmiller1 "Good Morning and have a great Run"

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Keep your dream alive. Dreaming is still how the strong survive. -Oliver and Company Have a great Run today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment