Tuesday, May 1, 2012

48th marathon completed in 48 days

Mile 1 - 5:57 a.m. - 46 degrees and clear skies. Highs in the 60's will make for a perfect day for a marathon...

Mile 2 - Yesterday was the toughest run to date. I do not believe the problem was the shoes, because left foot felt great. I think I tweaked something on the trails a few days ago. This is good because I will keep it light and easy and allow it to heal...

Mile 3 - It was not pretty, but a confidence builder for me. I was basically running/walking with a limp the last seven miles yesterday. Feeling good right now!...

Mile 4 - I just met up with Eric, my running partner, and he is preparing for a 50k in a few weeks....

Mile 5 - So today he is planning to gett around twenty miles. This is real good for me. I am lucky to have the company...

Mile 6 - Heading south of town for a change of scenery...

Mile 7 - We should get some good pictures today...

Mile 8 - So far, so good...



Mile 9 - Off the highway and into the wilderness...


Mile 10 - This is like running through a postcard...


Mile 11 - Feet holding up fantastically so far...


Mile 12 - Momentarily lost my map (must have went off the grid!)...

Mile 13 - These miles are just flying by. What a difference it makes having a running partner....


Mile 14 - It is beautiful out here...




Mile 15 - Heading back east toward the bluffs...

Mile 16 - The wind is starting to pick up significantly...


Mile 17 - Back on the highway...


Mile 18 - Wind has been at our back since heading back to the north...

Mile 19 - The body is amazing, yesterday at this point I was unable to run without a limp and right now my average pace is 12:08 per mile and I am floating along comfortably....

Mile 20 - Back on the south side, warming up nicely now (upper fifties)...

Mile 21 - Still feeling fantastic...

Mile 22 - This is turning out to be one of the best marathons out of the last 48!...

Mile 23 - Dropping off my running partner who made all the difference on today's marathon...

Mile 24 - These final miles are solo, but feel good enough to maintain a twelve minute mile to the finish...

Mile 25 - Almost there...

Mile 26 - I simply cannot believe the difference between yesterday and today. This might be my best finish time of the 48. I will have to look that up. Much mote importantly, I feel amazing right now!


Started: May 1, 2012 5:57:33 AM
Run Time: 5:15:28
Distance: 26.24 miles
Average Pace: 12:01 /mile
Fastest Pace: 8:42 /mile
Ascent: 978 feet
Descent: 1041 feet
Calories: 3738
Official: Yes

FUEL FOR TODAY'S MARATHON...
Almonds (raw)
Coffee
Gatorade

MENTAL FUEL - WHAT I AM TELLING MYSELF TODAY... "Nothing exists outside of right now"

HIGH OCTANE MENTAL FUEL - HERE IS SOME OF WHAT OTHERS ARE TELLING ME THAT IS MOTIVATING ME TODAY....

Alfred H. 2 minutes ago
"Great job, Jeffrey! You just keep cranking these out!"

@BimblerBaz: @LJB41 "I think we should fly to the states for the day that @jeffreyjmiller1 runs his 365th marathon and run it with him :)"

@BishBashNosh: @jeffreyjmiller1 "incredible. Keep those legs moving. Half century nearly owned. V well done."

Coleman M. 33 minutes ago
"Jeffrey....great job...just keep the feet moving..."

Jason H. 29 minutes ago
"You're an amazing athlete. Talk about endurance, wow!"

Josiah C. about 17 hours ago
"Awesome job, you're an inspiration!"

Kristen T. 1 minute ago
"Just WOW!! You so impress me more every day!"

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 "life has no remote. get up & change it yourself"

@NikeRunning: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Way to work through it and stay positive!"


2,417 miles logged so far in 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment