Tuesday, May 15, 2012

62nd marathon in 62 days completed

MILE 1 - 7:00 a.m. start time. 63 degrees already with a high today of 77 and sunshine (blue sky)...

MILE 2 - Going radical today. Asics on the right foot, Saucony on the left!...

MILE 3 - My greatest challenge of running a marathon a day continues to be my feet...

MILE 4 - One shoe causes extreme pain in one foot during the run. The other shoe causes extreme pain in the other foot after the run is complete!...

MILE 5 - That did not work!...

MILE 6 -Switched to the pair that causes the pain during the run and experimenting with looser laces toward the toes...

MILE 7 - It is the post run foot pain I want to tackle first...

MILE 8 - I can already tell that it is going to be an exceptionally warm day. Time to listen to Bob Marley!...

MILE 9 - Making a note to stick with the lower traffic streets, almost got hit by a school bus this morning, in a crosswalk!...

MILE 10 - Some days this can get a little monotonous!...


MILE 11 - My feet are doing OK so far...

MILE 12 - Maybe the problem is not the shoes...

MILES 13 through 16 - I've been on the phone with the Rochester Post Bulletin. That is another way to make the miles fly by without noticing!...

MILE 17 - Finally heading down to the river...

MILE 18 - Crossing the Mississippi. My feet still doing OK...

MILE 19 - It has become a picture perfect day...

MILE 20 - This park I run in is also a wildlife sanctuary...

MILE 21 - The humidity is up today...

MILE 22 - Must find shade!!!...

MILE 23 - I have adjusted my shoelaces by loosening them and that has made all the difference in the world...

MILE 24 - Almost done!!!...

MILE 25 - I am ready to jump in the river at this point!...

MILE 26 - Went to work yesterday at two in the afternoon. Got home just before eleven last night! Got up at little after five this morning and got off to a little later start this morning. Going back to work in about an hour!!!....


 Started: May 15, 2012 7:02:12 AM
Run Time: 5:20:20
Distance: 26.58 miles
Average Pace: 12:03 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:02 /mile
Ascent: 1073 feet
Descent: 1342 feet
Calories: 3455