Friday, May 18, 2012

66th marathon in 66 days completed

MILE 1 - 2:30 a.m. start time. 68 degrees with a high today near 90. Which happens to be one of the reasons that I am starting my run at this hour!...

MILE 2 - The other reason for the early run is so we can get on the road to Green Bay for tomorrow's marathon..

MILE 3 - At least there is not much traffic at this time of the morning!...

MILE 4 - It will be a few hours before I am able to take any pictures...

MILE 5 - One mile at a time...

MILE 6 - It's just me and the crickets!..

MILE 7 - I do believe that my coffee is already losing its effect!...

MILE 8 - The birds are beginning to crank up their music...

MILE 9 - Heading into the marsh...

MILE 10 - The marsh is alive, even at this hour!...

MILE 11 - Riverside...

MILE 12 - Are we there yet?!...

MILE 13 - I am beginning to think that I am not a huge fan of night running...

MILE 14 - At least the sun is up now...

MILE 15 - Maybe now that the sun is up I will get a much needed second wind...

MILE 16 - Based on my alternating good day, bad day experience, tomorrow should be a great day!...

MILE 17 - Even if it DOES rain...

MILE 18 - Heading back to the south...

MILE 19 - I feel as if I have already gone 26.2 miles!...

MILE 20 - I am not far from a coffee refill at this point...

MILE 21 - Much, much needed coffee...

MILE 22 - Seems like a good day to find some more trails!...

MILE 23 - As much as I love the scenery here, I am looking forward to being done with today's marathon...

MILE 24 - As much as I love the scenery of the trails, I appreciate even more, the consistent surface of the street...

MILE 25 - Almost there...

MILE 26 - One last mile, then I hit the shower and we're on the road (for about four hours) to Green Bay for marathon number 67 tomorrow morning!


(updated every five minutes)
Link also includes stats, feedback and maps of past marathons

Just think, only 300 days to go!!!

I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.  
  
 If you have not checked out the iFitness Running Belt Giveaway and product review click here