Thursday, May 3, 2012

50th MARATHON IN 50 DAYS COMPLETED!

PRE-RUN   - Storms in today's forecast, a big colorful blob on the radar heading straight our way, thunder rumbling as I type this and the fact that we had dime size hail about an hour ago could make for a fun day!...


Aside from remembering that no matter how bad you may think you have it at any given moment, someone has it much worse, the other thing my father taught me was common sense.  As I was about to head out the door, the storm hit, and aside from high winds and heavy rain, there was a lot of lightning.  If it was going to be an all day thing, I would just go.  But looking at the radar, there is nothing immediately following this storm, giving me a big window to get in as many miles of the 26.2 in after this storm system passes and before the next one hits us (if there is another one). Thanks dad! 

MILE 1 - 8:35 start time. The rain has stopped for now...


MILE 2 - Just going to take this one mile at a time...

MILE 3 - The other motivating factor for me right now is the sun. I want to get as many miles in as I can before (if) the sun comes out. Because if it does, it will get hot. High of around 80 today...

MILE 4 - Right now, the temp is perfect, in the mid sixties...

MILE 5 - Heading down to the river...


MILE 6 - Some of the roads have even been slightly flooded from this mornings rain...

MILE 7 - I think I have discovered how NOT to complete 50 marathons in 50 days! I have made many attempts to contact local and major media about this epic quest and have not even created the slightest interest!!! I have even been told that it is not "news worthy"!...


MILE 8 - The same goes with any attempts to get corporate sponsorship. "Don't call us, we'll call you" is all I get there!!...

MILE 9 - If I am able to inspire others by what I am doing then none of that will phase me. I will just keep on keeping on....


MILE 10 - I may have avoided the rain, but there will be no avoiding the sun!...


MILE 11 - Today is just about enjoying each and every mile...



MILE 12 - Nothing exists outside of right now...


MILE 13 - Another beautiful day down by the river...

MILE 14 - Wind starting to pick up now...

MILE 15 - Heading downtown...

MILE 16 - Legs and feet are feeling good today...

MILE 17 - That's messed up! Just after writing the note on the last mile, my right foot started to hurt! We must be careful what we draw our attention to...

MILE 18 - Now the real running begins...

MILE 19 - This run is slowly becoming a repeat of Monday. Not good...

MILE 20 - Carrying too much gear from this morning. It is an entirely different day. I need to drop off some this heavy Goretex...

MILE 21 - Topping off the Gatorade as well...

MILE 22 - Just grinding it out at this point...

MILE 23 - I've got some company now (my son, Kahlen, joined up with me again...

MILE 24 - I think it is time to get him some running shoes!...


MILE 25 - It feels like 90 degrees, extremely humid...

MILE 26 - I am completely spent!!!

Translates to "Life is what you make it"             

Started: May 3, 2012 8:34:17 AM
Run Time: 6:24:21
Distance: 26.49 miles
Average Pace: 14:30 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:01 /mile
Ascent: 1249 feet
Descent: 1236 feet
Calories: 3408
Official: Yes



FUELED BY....

Almonds (raw)
Coffee (black)
Gatorade

...The fact that "the only limitation to what we can accomplish is our imagination and our level of commitment to making it real." - Anthony Robbins


Abby D. 16 minutes ago
"This is incredible!! Keep up all the amazing work!"

@angiedorrington: @jeffreyjmiller1 "love the new pic, you look a picture of health :)"

Angie H. 10 minutes ago
"Run Jeffrey run! You're an inspiration!"

@Coyotetooth: @jeffreyjmiller1 "I'm in a coffee shop with latte at hand, for the start of your FIFTIETH marathon in 50 days! You m8, are machine!"

@cynicalife: @jeffreyjmiller1 @Gatorade "I would send words of encouragement but, 50 for 50, I think you've got this today. Run strong."

Emily P. 6 minutes ago
"You are an amazing runner, keep on going!"

@getomnifit: @jeffreyjmiller1 "your sheer awesomeness inspires me..."

@kayakingkiwi: @jeffreyjmiller1 "congratulations - huge milestone today ... An impressive number of steps. Here's to the next 50 marathons and more!"

Kees S. 6 minutes ago
"This is a milestone Jeff. 50 marathons is incredible only 315 marathons to go! Keep it going!"

@kevinbnelson: @jeffreyjmiller1 "looks like a great day for # 50! Forget weather, forget aches and pains. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other."

@lynseyrjohnson: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Happy "Golden" Marathon! We are cheering you on down here in NOLA! Keep it up!"

@Madz2325: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Sooooo very badass!!!"

@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 " If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." - Emil Zatopek

@runningdetectiv: @Coyotetooth @jeffreyjmiller1 "I say the way this is going, there is a parallel, even synchronous, latte 365 in 365 event going on."

@supermu62: ✨“@jeffreyjmiller1: MILE 5 of 50th MARATHON IN 50 DAYS: http://t.co/cPXJg0HT”✨Fecking #AWESOME can't resist..Gonna join you for a couple✨πŸ‘Œ✨

@yama0314: デむγƒͺγƒΌ Kazuki η΄™γŒζ›΄ζ–°γ•γ‚ŒγΎγ—γŸ! http://t.co/WDhflGvJ ▸ 本ζ—₯γƒˆγƒƒγƒ—γƒ‹γƒ₯γƒΌγ‚Ήγ‚’ζδΎ›γ—γ¦γγ‚ŒγŸγΏγͺさん: @jeffreyjmiller1 @millionsmile @hadashirunning

2,470 miles logged so far in 2012 (after today's run)

2 comments:

  1. So great that your son is running with you a bit! Keep up the amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Do you think that you could include on this blogspot the amount of money you are making from the book? You could put it right up above the number of miles you are logging. I think that would be very helpful for all the people that you owe money. I'm sure they would be much more interested in that vs. miles you are running.

    Just an idea--
    D

    ReplyDelete