Monday, May 14, 2012

61st marathon in 61 days completed

MILE 1 - 6:00 a.m. start time. 50 degrees with a high in the low eighties today. Clear skies and the sun will be up soon. Here we go...


MILE 2 - It's a great day to be alive!...

MILE 3 - This came to me from Sue in Queens, New York yesterday...
"Was thinking of cutting my measly 5 mile run a little short today and thought of you. Passed the turn off. Thanks for the inspiration."

MILE 4 - Go a little further today...



MILE 5 - Eat just a little healthier today...

MILE 6 - Treat people a little nicer today...

MILE 7 - BE a little more grateful today! Put something in your hand that you normally would take for granted, a small piece of currency, almonds, toothpaste, or even your other hand (if you have another hand) then think about the millions of people around the world right now that don't have it. Allow the feeling of gratitude to overwhelm you. In the process, you will find presence...

MILE 8 - Here is something I just got from overseas on Twitter...
@BimblerBaz: @jeffreyjmiller1 JJ, I've just done my 3rd in *five weeks* and I'm completely fubar. How the hell are you doing this *every day*?! :)


My response...
@jeffreyjmiller1: @BimblerBaz "Easy... I never run more than one marathon per day. It's just a rule for me. Keeps it do-able! ;)
Great job on the three!!!"

Here's the best part (his response)...
@BimblerBaz: @jeffreyjmiller1 Hahaha you crazee fule - loving your tenacity though, you are really an inspiration, used you yesterday in my head :)

MILE 9 - He answered his own question. I do what I do by thinking about the people who ran 100 miles! Suddenly 26.2 becomes do-able...

MILE 10 - Even if it is everyday...

MILE 11 - Everything is relative and a little perspective goes along way...


MILE 12 - Of course, it does not have to be someone running 100 miles that I use for perspective. I need only think of the millions in hospitals right now or even the graveyard, and suddenly running 26.2 miles really does not seem that difficult...

MILE 13 - Why is always more important than how and one of my many reasons for doing this is to serve as a reminder if only for today, that one day at a time we can di just about anything...

Mile 15 - And we really have no idea what we are actually capable of!...

MILE 15 - What if we just did all the we could today?! One day...

MILE 16 - That is such an empowering thought on so many levels...

MILE 17 - Life really is what we make it...

MILE 18 - Kahl joined me for the next five miles...

MILE 19 - The temperature is already up about twenty degrees from when I started this morning...

MILE 20 - I am beginning to feel the effects of the temperature and the mileage...

MILE 21 - One foot in front of the other at this point...

MILE 22 - Now I am looking for streets with lots of trees (shade)...

MILE 23 - Just grinding it out at thus point!...

MILE 24 - Still moving...

MILE 25 - It feels like mid-July right now!...


MILE 26 - I saw a bank thermometer that read 85 degrees. That is 35 degrees up from when I started today!!!

Done! (I can't wait until summer!)

 Started: May 14, 2012 6:01:14 AM
Run Time: 6:05:27
Distance: 26.65 miles
Average Pace: 13:43 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:04 /mile
Ascent: 1880 feet
Descent: 1826 feet
Calories: 3392