Wednesday, May 9, 2012

56th marathon in 56 days completed

Mile 1 - 6 a.m. Start time. 48 degrees with a high of 64...


Mile 2 - Out before the sun is over the bluffs in the east...

Mile 3 - I am really appreciating the days it is not raining in the morning...

Mile 4 - Where the support is coming from inspires me as much as the words (ie...Natasha H. In the Netherlands...
"Going strong, Jeff, good work!")
The fact that people I do not even know take the time to give me words of encouragement right now, while I am running, from Nebraska, Wyoming and even the Netherlands and the UK just to name a few is beyond inspirational...

Mile 5 - There is a very cold breeze out of the north this morning...

Mile 6 - Heading down towards the river...

Mile 7 - I definitely did not dress warm enough today. One layer short!...

Mile 8 - The cold breeze is keeping me moving though...

Mile 9 - One foot in front of the other...

Mile 10 - Every now and then I remind myself that my goal is not to just complete a marathon every day, but to do it as pain free as possible. That tends to keep my pace consistent...


Mile 11 - The wind has picked up to the point that I have to lean into it!...


Mile 12 - Including as many parks into the run as I can makes a big difference...




Mile 13 - My blessing and my curse is really wanting to quit but knowing I can't (at some point every day!)...

Mile 14 - Of course, that same thought applies to the majority of the people at work today, the only difference being that they are generating a paycheck!!!
After today's marathon is complete, I will proceed to my door to door sales job with my son, selling aerial photography to increase the nine dollars that I have in my checking account in order to pay the bills at home, buy more almonds and continue to pay restitution. How's that for the truth?!...


Mile 15 - I know that I may never pay off three and a half million in restitution by running a marathon every day for a year, or from book deals, endorsement deals or speaking engagements. But I also know that I definitely will never pay it off selling pictures door to door!


Mile 16 - Heading into the marsh. Or should I say hobbling into the marsh!...


Mile 17 - The marsh is alive with the sound of music (wildlife)...



Mile 18 - I found a small stream in the marsh I have not seen before and it was full of carp swimming up stream. I almost caught one...

Mile 19 - Back in the residential area, heading south. No more leaning into the wind...

Mile 20 - I never have been a fan of the sidewalks! Too uneven...

Mile 21 - Not to jinx the situation but my legs and feet are still doing OK this far into the marathon!...

Mile 22 - Picking up my running partner (Kahl)...

Mile 23 - Kahl is now up to five miles a day with me...


Mile 24 - As usual, running with company makes all the difference...


Mile 25 - Back along the bluffs...

Mile 26 - I am pleased to say that for the first time in a long time, my feet feel OK. There is still pain, but nothing severe!!!


Started: May 9, 2012 6:01:00 AM
Run Time: 6:41:28
Stopped Time: 28:55
Distance: 26.38 miles
Average Pace: 15:13 /mile
Fastest Pace: 8:48 /mile
Ascent: 1569 feet
Descent: 1718 feet
Calories: 3504
Official: Yes

2,629 MILES LOGGED SO FAR IN 2012!!!

Motivation...

BURLINGTON, ONTARIO - Sam J.
"Go Jeffrey! Go Jeffrey!"

COLUMBUS, OHIO - Stephen H.
"Another day, another run to crush and enjoy."

FRAMINGHAM, MA - Scott J.
"Blaze that trail Jeffrey!! Very cool!!"

HAPPY PLACE!
@MsPrincessLeigh: @jeffreyjmiller1 RT @JeffGalloway "You have a choice. U can throw in the towel, or u can use it to wipe the sweat off of ur face --Gatorade"

KANAGAWA, JAPAN -
"今年もチャレンジ富士五湖の112kmを完走しました。 I completed 112km ultra marathon at Challenge Fuji 5 Lakes again."

MUNICH, GERMANY - Natalie B.
"keep going on Jeffrey"

NETHERLANDS - Natasha H.
"Going strong, Jeff, good work!"

NORWALK, CT - James W.
"Keep pushing"

OMAHA, NEBRASKA - Joe R.
"You continue to inspire day after day. Always remember that the DM community is here for ya & cheering you on along the way."

ROCKY MOUNT, NORTH CAROLINA -
Steve P.
"nice job jeffrey!!"

SOUTH SHIELD, GREAT BRITAIN -Michelle H. "Keep on running xx"

SPOKANE, WASHINGTON - Missfit
"Keep on Keeping!"

VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON -
@livz4running: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Good Morning and WOW what an early start, Have a great run :)"

VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA -
Christina W.
"Jeffrey, 56 today and you are going strong strong strong..."

WYOMING - Kathleen S.
"So impressive that you keep cranking these out, no matter how you feel. Nicely done."

No comments:

Post a Comment