Sunday, May 13, 2012

60th marathon in 60 days completed

Mile 1 - 5:58 start time. 43 degrees (burr!) and clear skies with a high of 73! ...


Mile 2 - I am looking forward to the sun coming up and warming things up because it is cold out here...

Mile 3 - Slow start so far. Some days take a little longer to get loose...

Mile 4 - At least there is not a lot of traffic this early on a Sunday morning...

Mile 5 - Finally starting to get loosened up...

Mile 6 - Heading a little further north today than normal...

Mile 7 - Into the marsh...



Mile 8 - This is like running through a postcard...

Mile 9 - Working my way west through La Crosse's north side...


Mile 10 - Over the black river and running on French Island for the first time...

Mile 11 - Now heading to my favorite place in the whole world, the airport...

Mile 12 - Found a long road with quite a bit of traffic and no shoulder. I won't be running on this road again!...

Mile 13 - The temperature has warmed up nicely...

Mile 14 - Time to head back to the south (unless I have a boat - In other words, I ran out of island!)...



Mile 15 - Back by the airport again...

Mile 16 - It's too bad we did not have today's weather last Sunday for the LaCrosse Marathon which was cancelled due to lightning. Still not a cloud in the sky today!...

Mile 17 - 55 degrees and not even a slight breeze...

Mile 18 - I am starting to feel a little tired. I have really start going to bed earlier the one in the morning if I getting up before five!!!...

Mile 19 - I'm getting a little too old to try pulling off four hours of sleep (consistently)....

Mile 20 - Good thing I am almost done, my legs are even getting tired!...

Mile 21 - Are we there yet?..

Mile 22 - All the way back to downtown...

Mile 23 - Considering I'm on my 23rd mile of my 60th marathon in 60 days, I got about three and half hours of sleep last night, I'm 41 years old and I just had an older fella pass me and say "you're lookin' good kid" I suddenly feel a second wind...


Mile 24 - Smooth sailing the rest of rhe way...

Mile 25 - Just in time too because with no wind it is starting to get quite warm...

Mile 26 -Spent the last couple miles on the phone with my mother!  (of course!)


Started: May 13, 2012 5:58:55 AM
Run Time: 5:12:13
Distance: 26.26 miles
Average Pace: 11:53 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:05 /mile
Ascent: 1696 feet
Descent: 1726 feet
Calories: 3299