Saturday, May 12, 2012

59th marathon in 59 days completed

Mile 1 - 9:34 a.m. start time. 57 degrees and sunny. High today around 70. That's what they said yesterday and it got to 84!...

Mile 2 - I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about what was the biggest motivator for me to take on this challenge...

Mile 3 - Of course, there are many reasons, but in the beginning it had to start with one thought, one idea. TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I received a tweet yesterday that illustrates this idea, similar to what I receive regularly. The best part is that it came from overseas (The UK)...
@nigelbolton: @jeffreyjmiller1 "awesome running. Everytime I moan about going for a run I think of what you are doing!"

Mile 4 - I have many reasons to be doing this. I do this because I can. Meaning I have the ability as well as the capability...


Mile 5 - I have restitution. But that is something that I have whether I do this or not...

Mile 6 - It is much more about making a difference....


Mile 7 - Here is the key distinction, there is no guarantee that I will succeed on a scale significant enough to take care of my restitution....

Mile 8 - But everyday that I am out running I could be positively influencing someone else!!!...


Mile 9 - On an entirely different note, I am now entering the marsh...


Mile 10 - When you run as much as I do, you get a lot of time to think and a lot of time to just be...

Mile 11 - I believe more than anything that the greatest thing that we can do with our life is to make a difference...

Mile 12 - Crossing the river now, the humidity has come up a little bit today...

Mile 13 - Feeling like I am ready for an afternoon siesta and there are a lot of miles to go...


Mile 14 - I need to get my hands on some espresso beans!!!...

Mile 15 - Using my old shoes again today after yesterday's experiment...


Mile 16 - Tiempo no existe




Mile 17 - Heading back to the south...

Mile 18 - At least now the wind is at my back!..

Mile 19 - Time for a second wind...

Mile 20 - It feels like the actual temperature has exceeded the forecasted high once again!..

Mile 21 - Picked up some chocolate covered espresso beans. Let's se what they do!...

Mile 22 - Nothing yet!...


Mile 23 - In a few miles this will mark the completion of 59 marathons in 59 days for the second time in my life. This is as far as I got in October of
2010...

Mile 24 -Which of course means that tomorrow will mark a significant milestone for me...


Mile 25 - But first things first. I need to finish today's marathon...

Mile 26 - 118 marathons and counting (two sets of 59!). The crazy part is I did not start running long distance until I was almost 40 years old! It's never to late to start.

Started: May 12, 2012 9:34:35 AM
Run Time: 5:22:32
Distance: 26.37 miles
Average Pace: 12:14 /mile
Fastest Pace: 7:54 /mile
Ascent: 1426 feet
Descent: 1446 feet
Calories: 3006