Saturday, May 5, 2012

52nd marathon in 52 days completed

Mile 1 - 5 a.m. Start time. 55 degrees. Tomorrow is the La Crosse Fitness Festival marathon, so today I start early in case I have trouble sleeping tonight! I am excited about running this event, so I will get as much rest as I can today to prepare...

Mile 2 - There is a 40% chance of rain this morning....

Mile 3 - There is absolutely no wind right now...

Mile 4 - The birds are extremely vocal this morning...

Mile 5 - Settling into a comfortable rhythm...

Mile 6 - Heading down towards the river...

Mile 7 - Breeze picking up a little down by the river...

Mile 8 - Almost a third of the way done and it's not even seven yet!...


Mile 9 - So far no rain...


Mile 10 - Clouds are still pretty dark...

Mile 11 - Heading west over the river...




Mile 12 - The river is extremely calm today...


Mile 13 - Eric, my running partner showed up in Pettibone to run with me...

Mile 14 - My feet are definitely more tender today than normal...

Mile 15 - I have even managed to get a few blisters from the new shoes...


Mile 16 - looking very much forward to getting done earlier today and getting some extra rest for tomorrow...

Mile 17 - I need to stick with leaving the runmeter on. Two times today it was off, meaning that I end up running more than is necessary to get my 26.2 miles...

Mile 18 - Tomorrow should be good since I have a slight limp in my gate now (based on my recent good day with alternating bad day experience)...

Mile 19 - Slowing down significantly...


Mile 20 - Back into pain management mode...

Mile 21 - One step at a time at this point...

Mile 22 - I cannot even say almost there yet!...

Mile 23 - If I was to ever quit, which I will not do, today would be the day... For at least a half mile at mile 15 my runmeter was off and twice since then, I look down and notice it is off, as if I have not run that distance. I started at five in the morning, it is now eleven and I still have too many miles to go. All on a day where I am experiencing much more pain than normal. But I must continue until I have 26.2 recorded...

Mile 24 - Today has become a true test of character...

Mile 25 - Kahlen, my twenty year old son (yes, I am that old!), has joined me for the last few miles to keep me moving and further enhance his blisters from his new two day old running shoes...

Mile 26 - I was asked yesterday how I do this everyday... For that there is only one answer, I literally take it one day at a time. Today is all that exists.  NOTHING exists outside of this day.  Accept that
and I believe you would amaze yourself with what you could accomplish.




 Started: May 5, 2012 5:00:22 AM
Run Time: 6:41:35
Stopped Time: 50:18
Distance: 26.36 miles
Average Pace: 15:14 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:41 /mile
Ascent: 1364 feet
Descent: 1429 feet
Calories: 3429
Official: Yes

FUEL...

Almonds (raw)
Chia seeds (raw)
Coffee

MOTIVATION...

..."You have no idea what you're capable of!"


Avnish (INDIA) 19 minutes ago
"Have fun jeffrey ! Keep inspiring us!"

Coleman M. (MARYLAND) 23 minutes ago
"Jeffrey...have fun and enjoy the run"

@livz4running: (WASHINGTON) @jeffreyjmiller1 "and Good Morning, From the West Coast , and have a great 52 :)"

@Mitty_420: (CALIFORNIA) "My inspiration! U go jeffrey!! ✨. RT @jeffreyjmiller1: Jeffrey J. Miller: Mile 11 of 52nd marathon in 52 days: http://t.co/2kV4aW1R"

@motionislife: (MICHIGAN) @jeffreyjmiller1 "Run strong, run happy!"

@NikeRunning: (OREGON) @jeffreyjmiller1 "Everyday is a big day, but crossing the 50th marathon barrier is insanity. Keep it up!"

@pautebail: (UK) @jeffreyjmiller1 "just read ur blog! I'm near to tears for u.. What a test of character, fitness and motivation.. Such inspiration to others"

@runningdetectiv: @jeffreyjmiller1 "Great! And all this at a time of day when lawn mowers have not yet taken most of their humans for a walk. :-) #runchat"

Running Mom 34 minutes ago
"Awesome and I think you just helped me over my mental hump this am! Time to run!"

@TerriGivens: (TEXAS) @jeffreyjmiller1 "Hang in there Jeffrey - I just did 10 miles with the temperature ranging from 72 up to 80 degrees by the time I finished...
...The only thing that kept me going was knowing that you were out there doing 26 miles -- you are an inspiration!"

No comments:

Post a Comment