Thursday, May 10, 2012

57th marathon in 57 days completed

Mile 1 - 8:30 a.m. start time. 45 degrees and sunny. Today's high is in the low seventies. No rain in the forecast...


Mile 2 - With weather like this, today's goal is to enjoy the run as much as is possible...

Mile 3 - Since I am in this for the long haul, my number one priority is to stay healthy. My biggest concern is my feet, so I am trying to land as softly as possible. It worked yesterday, hopefully it works again today...

Mile 4 - Hardly any breeze today...

Mile 5 - It should be a great day for pictures!...


Mile 6 - Making the decision to switch my route up everyday is one of the best decisions that I have ever made...


Mile 7 - The Mississippi is extremely calm today. Which is good because my runmeter app turned off again, meaning an extra half mile I will be running today to reach my 26.2 mile minimum documented distance...



Mile 8 - Regardless of technical difficulties or foot pain, I am determined to enjoy this day...

Miles 9 & 10 - I am feeling very motivated today for some reason...


Mile 11 - If you could dial up the perfect weather for a marathon, this would be it...


Mile 12 - This far into the run to get to my first water fountain...

Mile 13 - Heading into the marsh...

Mile 14 - Time to see if the carp are running again today...


Mile 15 - I did not see any carp today, yesterday must have been my lucky day. Yesterday looked like a salmon run...

Mile 16 - Heading south again...

Mile 17 - I just noticed that the breeze has picked up and it is out of the south. I never noticed it until I am running into it...

Mile 18 - Back on the sidewalks...

Mile 19 - Time to pick up my running partner (Kahl, my 20 yr old son/wingman)...

Mile 20 - So much for the theory of soft landing focus effecting feet. Maybe it's the shoes!? I wonder since we use more cushioned shoes for walking if maybe we should use more cushioned shoes for slow runners like me!? Shoes are selected by distance, maybe speed or lack of should be factored in?!

Mile 21 - Definitely slower today, but really, does that matter? I don't think so!...

Mile 22 - Hanging in there at this point, just enjoying the beautiful weather...

Miles 23 & 24 - It's now seventy but it is starting to feel like eighty...

Mile 25 - One foot in front of the other at this point...


Mile 26 - I am dedicating this mile to the idea that we do not regret what we did in life nearly as much as what we did not do. (Read that sentence again and let it sink in and look closely at the above picture of one of the places I run by almost everyday for a little perspective).


Started: May 10, 2012 8:27:48 AM
Run Time: 7:17:00
Distance: 26.50 miles
Average Pace: 16:29 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:45 /mile
Ascent: 1348 feet
Descent: 1395 feet
Calories: 3264

2,655 MILES LOGGED SO FAR IN 2012!!!