Wednesday, May 30, 2012

77th marathon in 77 days completed

Mile 1 - 7 a.m. start time - 52 degrees and cloudy with a high of 64! That's running weather!


Mile 2 - I just passed a flag that was fluttering lightly in the breeze and could not help but smile. The wind has been kicking my arse this last week...

Mile 3 - Starting to see some blue skies already...

Mile 4 - I tried something different this morning. I ate breakfast before my run!...

Mile 5 - I usually just take in coffee, water, almonds and chia seeds (by the spoonful!)...


Mile 6 - This morning I decided to fuel up and see if that may help my energy levels throughout the run today...



Mile 7 - As obvious as that does sound, food tends to make me tired. I keep my calories up by eating a lot of raw almonds...

Mile 8 - So pre-run I had four waffles covered in peanut butter, syrup and chia seeds!...

Mile 9 - One thing I know that helps is my slow pace. I would not want to eat like that and run hard...


 Mile 10 - Just Left the marsh, it sounded like an aviary in there!...

Mile 11 - Back into the city streets...

Mile 12 - Heading to the house to pick up my wingman...

Mile 13 - It is still only 55 degrees. Perfect running temp...

Mile 14 - Now for the second half...

Mile 15 - The wind has picked up again considerably...

Mile 16 - Now I just have to try and keep up with the youngster!...

Mile 17 - When I do keep up he makes a great wind block!...

Mile 18 - Time for us to cross the mighty Mississippi...

Miles 19, 20 & 21 - Blogger app locked up again. Had to re-load app...


Mile 22, 23 & 24 - Not a good blogging day. This new app has been bugging out as well. I have to keep re-writing...

Mile 25 - Almost there!...

Mile 26 - Looks like we'll be eating waffles again tomorrow (covered in cjia seeds of course!).

After a quick shower I am off to work so I will be editing and matching pictures with their corresponding miles around 10:30 p.m. Central time.

Have a great day and thank you for the continued encouragement.


I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.