Friday, May 18, 2012

65th marathon in 65 days completed (ONLY 300 REMAIN!)


MILE 1 - 8 a.m. Start time. 63 degrees with a high in the mid-eighties. Lots of sunshine today...

MILE 2 - Starting with trails again today...

MILE 3 - Truly a beautiful day...

MILE 4 - Heading north through town to the marsh...

MILE 5 - I am still dreaming of the days when all 26.2 miles are as effortless as the first five miles...

MILE 6 - Only two days to go until the Cellcom Greenbay marathon...

MILE 7 - Hopefully there are no major storms Sunday morning...

MILE 8 - I will be taking three of my kids with me tomorrow and we will be camping...

MILE 9 - I am excited about my kids getting to see an event like this...

MILE 10 - Not to mention, they will get to see world famous Lambeau field, home of the Green Bay Packers...


MILE 11 - Unfortunately this is the one year we can't finish inside of the stadium because of construction...


MILE 12 - I am feeling amazing so far today. I must have had the right amount of coffee this morning!...


MILE 13 - That may be the easiest twelve miles I have ever done! Must be because Eric joined up with me around mile six or so...

MILES 14 & 15 - On my own again until around mile 20 or 21...

MILE 16 - Heading into the marsh...


MILE 17 - The wind has picked up significantly as the temperature works its way toward the eighties...

MILE 18 - And now the fun part, running back to the south, straight into this wind...

MILE 19 - This is about where the run really begins today...

MILE 20 - Time to just grind it out!..

MILE 21 - I think I am ready for Green Bay (with over seven thousand miles of preparation in the last two and a half years!)...

MILE 22 - Time for another running partner to join me!...

MILE 23 - It is now getting very hot!...

MILE 24 - Very, very hot!!!...

MILE 25 - Last two miles...


MILE 26 - Even with the heat I can say that today went great! I Can't wait to do this again tomorrow! If you are reading this I can say thanks for staying with me.


(updated every five minutes)
Link also includes stats, feedback and maps of past marathons

Just think, only 300 days to go!!!

I have completed a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is available in paperback as a print on demand - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.  
  
 If you have not checked out the iFitness Running Belt Giveaway and product review click here