Wednesday, May 16, 2012

63rd marathon in 63 days completed


MILE 1 - 7:45 start time. 50 degrees and sunny, high of 72....

MILE 2 - When I went back to wearing my older shoes, my feet felt great during the run. But I noticed after the run and all night my left heal really hurt. That is why I have continued the experimentation with the shoes...

MILE 3 - I loosened the laces up yesterday and felt OK during the run, but last night my feet were killing me...

MILE 4 - The search for the right shoe continues...

MILE 5 - I got home from work last night around ten and hung out with my daughter until around eleven. Then managed to get to bed around one!...

MILE 6 - I really need to get to bed a little earlier!...

MILE 7 - Today will be a repeat of Monday and Tuesday. As soon as I finish the marathon, I will hit the shower, then go to work and get home between ten and eleven...

MILE 8 - It's a good thing that I am only doing this for a year!...

MILE 9 - Only ten months to go!!!...

MILE 10 - One day at a time!!!

MILE 11 - Heading into the marsh...



MILE 12 - The best part about running in the marsh is there are no cars (or buses!)...

MILE 13 - Down by the river now...


MILE 14 - This has to be one of the most beautiful days of the year. Time to cross the Mississippi...


MILE 15 - I must make a point to really appreciate not just every mile of days like today, but every moment...

MILE 16 - There will be many days in the next ten months where the conditions will be nothing like this...


MILE 17 - All I need to do to appreciate what I am experiencing right now is remind myself. Simple awareness...



MILE 18 - I found a fellow tortuga sleeping in the road. There is always time to move a turtle!...

MILES 19 through 22 - My Blogger app froze up again like it seems to do once a month or see. I had to delete the app and reinstall. At least it kept my mind occupied the last few miles!...

MILE 23 - Now I get to run with my son Kahle until the finish...

MILE 24 - We are sticking mostly with low traffic back roads at this point...

MILE 25 - Almost there!...

MILE 26 - So far today my feet feel very good. Now if I could just stay off them for the rest of the day, I would feel great! But, the bills need to get paid, so off to work I go.

AND if you haven't checked it out yet, check out the iFitness Running Belt Giveaway at the top of the blog. I have worn mine everyday since I bought it and wouldn't run without it!

Started: May 16, 2012 7:45:26 AM
Run Time: 6:15:33
Stopped Time: 21:51
Distance: 26.45 miles
Average Pace: 14:12 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:18 /mile
Ascent: 1517 feet
Descent: 1481 feet
Calories: 3620